Here is a neat clump of Civil War Ammunition...

This clump was pulled off of the ocean/river floor where a ship had sank. You can see the imprint where a 24lb. Cannonball was laying on this group.

post-25933-1302650830.jpg

www.americancivilwarrelics.com

Interesting piece.Is it from a known ship.Somewhere amongst my stuff I have an Enfield Pritchett minie with the boxwood plug recovered from the blockade runner Modern Greece I bought years ago off a relic dealer in Virginia.

I still haven't been able to track down which ship this came off of. It is probably one of the clumps out of the Cape Fear river in North Carolina. Several more clumps came off of the Suwanee off the coast of Myrtle Beach but those Spencers are a lot different. I have seen a lot of the items that were on the Modern Greece! I had a large pile of L marked Enfield bullets that I have sold off over the years. All of them were produced in Ludlow England and imported. All of the L base Enfields that I have came off of the Blockade Runner Minho. It must be nice to pull crates of those off the bottom of the ocean!

www.americancivilwarrelics.com

fordmustanggt_350

Thats an awesome piece were you able to find more? It also looks as though there is a bayonet tip mixed in there. Interesting mix of items. Do you have any other photos to post of anything else you found? I have always found underwater relics fascinating! Thanks for posting.

Kevin Braafladt

Looking for items relating to the 91st Infantry Division from WWI. Especially anything pertaining to the 364th Infantry Regiment.

Looking for First Army related items from WWI.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.