WWII USAAF Oxygen Masks

vp79

I'm looking for some parts (hose attachment clamps, head straps, mask to helmet attaching hardware, etc) for a couple of WWII A10, A9 and A10A oxygen masks. I believe that a juliet strap/harness might work for the A10 and A9 masks with helmets lacking attachment snaps but that the A10A has a totally different setup. I've searched online using general words like "WWII oxygen mask clamps" or WWII oxygen mask straps/harness" to no avail. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cobrahistorian

Garcia is probably your best bet. www.garciaaviation.com

You might find something at www.flighthelmet.com too, but I'd put my money on Garcia having at least some of what you need.

Jon

Johan Willaert

I have an A10R on which the rubber of the face mask has gone bad, but the hose looks OK and the blue attaching straps are still there...

PM me if you're interested....

Garcia is probably your best bet. www.garciaaviation.com

You might find something at www.flighthelmet.com too, but I'd put my money on Garcia having at least some of what you need.

Jon

Thank you Jon for the info. I've tried Garcia Aviation but so far no luck. I'll keep searching as something will eventually come up. Much appreciated.

--Vince

I have an A10R on which the rubber of the face mask has gone bad, but the hose looks OK and the blue attaching straps are still there...

PM me if you're interested....

I would be interested. Let me know how we might proceed.

Vince

Johan Willaert
I would be interested. Let me know how we might proceed.

I will PM you some pictures tomorrow and we can take it from there...

Vince,

were one of the A10's an A-10 R (Revised), that your looking items for?

Mike

Mike,

I am not sure of the difference between the A10A and the A10R as I have not seen an A10R. I have 2 A10As and an A9. I need straps and hardware to attach the A10As to helmets. I also need a clamp for attaching the hose to the A9 mask. Perhaps the straps and hardware for an A10R are compatible with those for an A10A.

Vince

Johan Willaert

I believe the A10R (for Revised) was an A10 adapted for use with standard flying caps....

Anyway here's what I have.... I believe the face piece is lost, but the hose looks OK and the straps could turn out good after a bit of Whink Rust Remover....

Just let me know if interested.... I know I can't ask for much for this and it might not even be worth the shipping cost from Europe, but if you want it, maybe we can trade for some WW2 equipment or manual...

Vince,

were one of the A10's an A-10 R (Revised), that your looking items for?

Mike

Mike,

Yes. The items I'm searching for would go on an A10R.

Vince

I believe the A10R (for Revised) was an A10 adapted for use with standard flying caps....

Anyway here's what I have.... I believe the face piece is lost, but the hose looks OK and the straps could turn out good after a bit of Whink Rust Remover....

Just let me know if interested.... I know I can't ask for much for this and it might not even be worth the shipping cost from Europe, but if you want it, maybe we can trade for some WW2 equipment or manual...

Johan,

Sorry about the delay responding. Just got back in town. Saw the pictures. I really don't have any need for the mask itself but the straps, hose, and hose clamps might be of use. I would be willing to reimburse for your trouble and mailing. I'm really trying to find the hardware for connecting the mask to a helmet but it seems impossible at this juncture. I'll just keep looking and hope to come across a mask in disrepair that has the hardware that I can cannibalize. Thanks for offering.

Vince

Johan,

Sorry about the delay responding. Just got back in town. Saw the pictures. I really don't have any need for the mask itself but the straps, hose and hose clamps might be of use. I would be willing to reimburse for your trouble and mailing. I'm really trying to find the hardware for connecting the mask to a helmet but it seems impossible at this juncture. I'll just keep looking and hope to come across a mask in disrepair that has the hardware that I can cannibalize. Thanks for offering.

Vince