'D' Day Para-dummies

noworky

On my visit with Hayes Otoupalik everywhere I looked was something I've just heard of or read about and ended up Hayes had a couple of them. These were a couple Para-dummies he has like the ones used in operation 'Titanic' the morning of 'D' day. The little one on the bottom is a British made 'Rupert' and the one on top is one of the U.S. 'Oscar' Para-dummies. Again I thought they were photo worthy.

paradummys1014x1521.jpg

Thats a great Piece of History you have got there

and thanks for sharing the pictures with us, Yes Very Intresting :thumbsup: .

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks. I thought that the "Oscar" paradummy was the small metal version that the U.S. tested but never used. In fact, I just happened to notice one that is currently listed on e-bay with a link to an OSS video that describes the testing. I've seen a photo of this metal version, but never one for sale. Does anyone know how many they made and how rare they are?

The "Oscar" I am referring to is solid metal and approximately 18" tall. The listing on e-bay has some good photos.

General Apathy
On my visit with Hayes Otoupalik everywhere I looked was something I've just heard of or read about and ended up Hayes had a couple of them. These were a couple Para-dummies he has like the ones used in operation 'Titanic' the morning of 'D' day. The little one on the bottom is a British made 'Rupert' and the one on top is one of the U.S. 'Oscar' Para-dummies. Again I thought they were photo worthy.

paradummys1014x1521.jpg

Hi noworky, nice shot's the American one is very unusual.

Somewhere in the archives of this forum there should be a previous topic on D-Day dummies with photo's and a link to a website on the different styles of dummies, think it was between a year and two years ago. :think:

I included in the topic one of my British made dummies opened out with the parachute showing, see if I can find my photo again and add here later if you like. ;)

lewis

The OSS video that describes the paradummy currently on e-bay is listed below:

Anybody know anything about this version (i.e. how many were made, how rare, etc?)