Victory at Peleliu: The 81st Infantry Division's Pacific Campaign (Campaigns and Commanders Series)

GetSome!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Kurt Barickman

No, I didn't even know that there was a recenlty published book about the 81st in the Palau Island campaign. Looks interesting though. :think:

Kurt

• 1 year later...

I've read "victory at peleliu".I thought it was well written.I try to read everything I can find on peleliu and I think the more you are interested in that campaign the more you'll like the book. Mark

kriegsmodell

Excellent book, well researched, highly recommended. Like mes above I have also read a great deal on the campaign for the Palau Islands and especially Peleliu, This book is somewhat unique in that it is focused on the Army's role, most specifically the 81st Infantry Division. It is important to have this account as so many of the other works primarily address the USMC's role and accomplishments. My thoughts only .....

Excellent book, well researched, highly recommended. Like mes above I have also read a great deal on the campaign for the Palau Islands and especially Peleliu, This book is somewhat unique in that it is focused on the Army's role, most specifically the 81st Infantry Division. It is important to have this account as so many of the other works primarily address the USMC's role and accomplishments. My thoughts only .....

I've read "victory at peleliu".I thought it was well written.I try to read everything I can find on peleliu and I think the more you are interested in that campaign the more you'll like the book. Mark

Oustanding; thanks!

• 1 year later...

OK, this is up on Google Books now. I've looked it over and found it to be well-written, and happened to find a hardcover copy for a halfway decent price. I haven't received it yet, but based upon the Google preview, I highly recommend this one.