1943 USMC Magazine Pouch?

wwnuttycollector

wwnuttycollector

Saw this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I'm not the authority on USMC gear that others here are, but I have been seeking/collecting USMC gear for well over 30 years now.

I have a number of Froelich pouches without any flap markings, as well as combo (1911/M1 Carbine) pouches from Froelich & Boyt, but I never have seen one of these

I'm thinking that Bubba ruined a nice, original 1943 Froelich - anyone seen one before?

craig_pickrall

Back in the mid to late 1980's I used to see a dealer at the Richmond, VA show that sold mainly USMC gear and uniforms. Unfortunately I do not recall his name. He had a lot of this type gear. He had pre WW2 items that were real and then he would mix in this fake stuff to sell along with the real. The things like the mag pouch were very cheap at that time but if he could con someone into believing what he had was real then he could get 10 X the price. The group I knew never trusted the guy because we knew he was mixing real with fake so we never bought anything from him.

Back in the mid to late 1980's I used to see a dealer at the Richmond, VA show that sold mainly USMC gear and uniforms. Unfortunately I do not recall his name. He had a lot of this type gear. He had pre WW2 items that were real and then he would mix in this fake stuff to sell along with the real. The things like the mag pouch were very cheap at that time but if he could con someone into believing what he had was real then he could get 10 X the price. The group I knew never trusted the guy because we knew he was mixing real with fake so we never bought anything from him.

This was probably the same dealer that I saw several times in the late 80's/early 90's at the APG show. He had lots of this stuff, including gear that really was USMC, like the 2-pocket grenade carrier, but all ruined by adding that U.S.M.C. stamp to the front.