Fake Vietnam Uniforms

gwb123

• 2 years later...
Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Guys and gals,

Item 1:

I'm looking at a set of Vietnam green tigers with cut edge in-country 173rd patch and pocket patch. The uniform and patches match wear and no other seweing marks. The inside collar says something line "M-162" but I can't remember exactly. The uniform is near mint and includes the matching trousers (medium to large size). I will get pics but I'd like to know what else to look for? Value?

Item 2:

Female WWII USMC blue cloak with red edge. Fair condition but has about a dozen WWII patches seen in the red. What do I look for regarding tags and markings? Value?

I'll get pictures

Rock

I think the individual parts look fine, but I suspect as a set the shirt has been put together.

The 117th AVN patch looks more like the version made in Korea. The embroidery is accomplished by a hand guided sewing machine, while Vietnamese embroidery tended to be hand embroidered. (If any of the Army Aviation guys want to correct me, please do.) The 173rd with tab might be a modern copy, but I will have to check this when I am back closer to my library.

I think it is a legit set, but has been jazzed up to enhance the sale at some point. Or it may have been used by a vet or reenactor postwar.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Ok good thanks GWB.

I don't mind the enhancing if the set is original. I'll check the stitching to see what it looks like on the reverse.
What does a set of these Tigers fetch?

Rock

vintageproductions

I could be wrong, as I am looking on my phone but the tigers look like some of the NCHS copies but without his tags

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Not just uniforms…I’m surprised how MUCH of this stuff is faked after reading on the forum.  Crazy you really need to know your stuff