RIP Greg Robinson

bayonetman

I "knew" Greg through this and a few other forums. To say I am shocked would be an understatement. While I knew Greg had some health issues I never expected this.

Another Marine reports to guard the gates of Heaven.

R.I.P. Greg.

islandhopper

I did not know Greg, but as others have pointed out, I have enjoyed reading his informative posts and always appreciated the fact that he was so willing to share his knowledge. When I saw this post it was a shock and I immediately felt very sad. Back in early February I emailed him, asking about a particular knife and this was his response (copied directly from his response to my initial email asking for help). Though just a few words, I think it says a lot about this man.

sure....be glad to help

greg

As a founding member of this forum which we love, we all owe him a debt of gratitude. In fact, the forum itself will be a fitting memorial and testimony to him.

R.I.P Sir,

Sabrejet :salute:

Having been a member here for slightly more than a year, I never had any contact with him (that I can recall). He definitely seems to have been more than just a knowledgeable resource...he seems to have been passionate about military history and wanted to share that passion with others.

He will be missed, but consider the joyous reunion he is having with his mom!

Semper Fi!

Sheila and Family I'm so very sorry for you on Greg's passing I've know Greg from this forum and from the old CSP forum and myself and many others learned a great deal from him and he will be greatly missed. My prayers are with you and everyone who's lives were touched by Greg.

helmet_and_rifle_tribute_to_the_fallen_soldier-t2.jpg

"Shock" can't even begin to describe how I feel! It is especially sad when we lose a member who has been a cornerstone for the forum! My condolences to the family, and everyone who knew him here!