RIP Greg Robinson

bayonetman

USAmedalfreak

I didn't know him, but sounded like a great guy, and taken before he could enjoy the best retirement years. I would say that he helped create a great US forum with a friendly atmosphere with many knowledgeable members.

Thks

KW

Very sad news indeed.I to knew Greg through collecting and had dealt off and on with him since the early 90s even back when Chris Arnold had his webb site for collectors.He will be greatly missed here on the forum and by me personally.His knowledge and willingness to help will be hard to replace.

My sincerest condolenses to his family.

RON DOYLE We were very lucky to have him . we will all miss him

koreamike

Greg will be missed. He was quick to offer up his knowledge and collection when I was researching and writing Grunt Grunt. He asked for nothing in return except to further everyone's knowledge of Marine Corps material history.

Whisky Beck

I did not know Marine KaBar. I had seen his name on a post or two. But as a Brother Marine, may God have Mercy on his soul and rest in peace with the Lord.

Semper Fi

WB

wartimecollectables.com

He fought his cancer hard and was as fine a man as I have known. God bless you friend.

Rest In peace fellow service member - may God bless his family and friends and reassure them that he is in a much better place - I am sure his memory will live on here with so many that have commented

I only knew Greg through the forum, but his depth of knowledge and generous nature were an example to us all. My prayers are with his family Dave

Rest in peace and deepest sympathy to Greg's family. His knowledge and willingness to share it will be greatly missed, CPC

Good God… so sad news.

I remember Greg since early 2000s from the gunboards.com where we discussed many times about the USMC equipment, field gear, history etc. Also here it has always been a great pleasure to see Greg's very informative posts.

RIP Greg

Just noticed the dedication under the headline banner.

His co-founding of this valuable forum and his willingness to answer my sometimes, in retrospect, dumb questions, as well as his valuable advice on Ka-Bar purchases will always be remembered with respect.

Greg was an amazing resource for all of us, I'm fortunate to have gotten a couple of items from his collection.

Sorry I never got to shake his hand and say 'thanks'.

I just noticed the addition to the Forum masthead. I most heartily approve! I still find myself waiting to see Greg's latest posts......Sure do miss reading them.

Respectfully,

ATTENTION ON DECK!

Bagman :salute:

I just noticed the addition to the Forum masthead. I most heartily approve!

We had suggestions to dedicate the Edged Weapons section in his honor, but I decided the entire forum should be dedicated in his memory.

We had suggestions to dedicate the Edged Weapons section in his honor, but I decided the entire forum should be dedicated in his memory.

Excellent decision.