RIP Greg Robinson

bayonetman

It's really hard to come up with the appropriate words. Greg was always kind to me when answering my questions, and of course he and the other Admin folks let me be a Mod here. I thank them for that.

I recently bought a nice old book from him (Marine of course) and it will mean a little more to me now.

RIP Greg, and thanks.

Here is the link to his online memorial page.

http://www.genedavisfuneralhome.com/sitema...=330060Robinson

God bless you Greg!

Sadly one of the founding members of this forum has passed on. Greg Robinson (Marine Kabar), Member #4 passed away in March. I have been a "cyber friend" of Greg for many years and he and his knowledge of all things Marine and willingness to share will be greatly missed. Although he has been ill for some time, he still kept in touch and was a valuable forum member and resource for all of us. Goodbye and Godspeed my friend.

This email was sent by his wife: This is Greg's wife Sheila i am so sorry to have to tell you by email but Greg passed away on March 5th 2011. he got a cold & then got flu & pneumonia & his body just wasn't strong enough to fight it off . His health had really declined in the past year the last few months was rough for him. Take care.

Brian Dentino

My condolences to his family....he will be greatly missed, both here and to his family......RIP warrior. :salute:

Here is the link to his online memorial page.

http://www.genedavisfuneralhome.com/sitema...=330060Robinson

God bless you Greg!

Thanks for that link. It has a photo of Greg in the Marines.

And for anyone who ever saw one of Greg's posts, you'll remember that most of his photos of uniforms and field gear were taken on the tailgate of his red pickup:

gregtruck.jpg

gregusmc.jpg

"If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven’s scenes; They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

Another Marine going home and reporting for duty.

Rest in Peace, and Semper Fi.

-dg

General Apathy

Greg Robinson................... 2011

He has gone on ahead a Marine on Recon, and we shall all surely follow where he now leads.

I wish him well and a shady tree to rest his body under, a seat close to his beloved mother, and a rest eternal United States Marine

lewis

:salute:

suwanneetrader

My sincerest condolenses to his family. Say Hi to my Leatherneck Dad up there. R.I.P. Marine. Richard Marquette

craig_pickrall

Rest In Peace old friend. I really miss all of the discussions we had on various pieces of uniforms or gear.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. I was always interested to read his informative posts, both here, and in earlier forums. RIP.

Rest in peace Greg,My sincerest condolenses to his family.

A very big loss to the forum

my first usmc cammos will always make me think of greg as greg sent them over to me a few years back.

god bless

bigjoe

Goodbye Greg... God Speed, you will be missed.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

:salute: Greg was a really great guy. Always willing to help and answer questions. Although I didn't know him very well we did have our run ins in the past and he will be missed.

R.I.P

God speed sir. Although I did not know Greg personally, I feel sadness for his loss and for his family.

It is wonderful the "family" feeling this forum has.....

Troy