My latest WW2 group

doyler

Thats about it for tonite till I can get more pics of the uniforms and things in the bottom of the trunk

RD

post-342-1301892966.jpg

Congratulations Ron! That's a nice group. There are so many nice piece to that group, the K-Bar and the cross flap canteens, but that Raider Corpsman jacket is the best. Good for you.

Dennis

Brian Dentino

Oh Ron......still tryng to wipe the drool off the keyboard.... :drool2:

Wow, what an outstanding group....simply amazing and the stuff of my dreams.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.....way to hit it out of the park on this one RD! :twothumbup: :bravo:

I don't usually comment for comments sake but WOW! very nice pickup and it would be the center piece of any collection.

Mike

Ron,

This is simply amazing! I could not imagine having this much in one grouping. Congrats on a great find!

....Kat

Ron, my congrats to you. I am totally envious, as are many others I assume. What a wonderful find and so complete. Looking forward to more pix.

BTW, could you include me in your will about this group? Pretty please.

Chris

Ron, my congrats to you. I am totally envious, as are many others I assume. What a wonderful find and so complete. Looking forward to more pix.

BTW, could you include me in your will about this group? Pretty please.

Chris

Chris...

Will try to do what I can but there is a line currently forming in the street :lol:

Thankyou all for the comments and for looking.Im still processing this stuff a little at a time.

RON

Also a very personal thanks to Will and Paul for some very quick research and to answering my questions.

:salute:

Very nice Ron, it doesn't get any better then that. Any photos or paperwork? Jon

Thanks Jon

Unfortunately no paper or photos.Several Pieces are name as is the bible.The sea bags are well named all but the dark one and it has a cutters tag on it.There are a few items with other names.Dealing with other corpsmans uniforms I have it is often hard to ID them as there are between 1-4 names in some I have.Seems these guys got a bit of hand me downs or turn ins.One of the small groups I have belongs to a Navy doctor.Have both his Navy commanders uniform and a couple forest greens.One is odd and would be very suspect at a show or on line.It is an enlisted uniform with his officers egas and rank.From what i was told he was sent to a combat school for Navy medical personel in SanDiego in 1943.Im thinking this was his first Marine uniform.If it hadnt surfaced out of a closet at a tag sale I would have been a bit suspect myself.

RD

B.U.T.-ful! Congrats on acquiring your holy grail and getting such a wonderful grouping. Happy to see something like that go to someone who will really care for it.

It must have been like opening presents... you don't know what's inside, all you know is it will be a good surprise!

Ron,

Thats an Outstanding Grouping you have got there

Well Done and thanks for sharing it with us Very Impressive, !!

Nice One :thumbsup: .