MK I Grenade

Texas36th

I hope someone can help me with the ID of this grenade. I picked it up this weekend at a flea market and bought it more out of couriosity. It has a 3 on the side along with a diamond with a F inside it. I don't think the M10A3 fuze is original to it because the body appers to have been thrown alot. It has an unusaul bottom shape that does appear to here some threads but not many. Has anyone any idea what this is? Thanks in advanced for any help.

post-13045-1301863201.jpg

post-13045-1301863214.jpg

post-13045-1301863235.jpg

The body is a US WW1 MKI frag, but the fuse is a WW2 model. It may have been used as a practice grenade. That's probably why the plug is missing from the bottom.

Anyone know where I might find a fuze for a US WW1 MKI frag so I can make her whole again?

Anyone know where I might find a fuze for a US WW1 MKI frag so I can make her whole again?

That is going to be a little bit difficult and expensive. The fuzes are somewhat rare, some people say they are as rare as hen's teeth. These fuzes were discontinued because they were uneccesarily complicated and proved to be dangerous to the American dough-boy. The AEF removed them from service and the Ordnance department had to re-vamp the entire fuze. Occasionally you will see one on GB. You should also check Great War Militaria. Here is my MK1. Good luck. :rolleyes:

014-2.jpg

I may have what you need drop me a pm

• 5 years later...

Wow. This piece now belongs to me on the other side of the world. I managed to find a damaged fuze for it. Always looking to upgrade.

Funny where things end up :)

post-159175-0-54382100-1483500382_thumb.jpg

post-159175-0-54326600-1483500394.jpg