US Patches Made by German Firm Kalka

ehrentitle

A few months back I bought a lot of insignia that included three unusually made patches, see photo below. The edge and the weave on the back of the patch is very distinctive. My first thought was that they were poorly made US copies, perhaps for use in fashion.

But today I stumbled upon the website of Kalka: http://www.kalka.eu/ a German firm that makes a great deal of insignia for the Bundeswehr. In their on-line catalog they list US patches and insignia and there is a subdued 8th Division patch that looks exactly like the color one I have: http://www.kalka.eu/Products.aspx?c=ba56fb...dc-171ae5062042

What do you think? Is it the same maker?

5583019238_5be3a524e2_b.jpg

5582433075_52818742b3_b.jpg

5582477805_c610cf52da_b.jpg

Ouch! Thanks for the heads-up on these! They are going to burn some unfortunate collectors, that's for sure. While they use synthetic return threads, the thread pattern is going to throw people off. :(

-Ski

Proud Kraut

Ehrentitle, these patches you have posted are, as far as I know, NOT made by KALKA. Kalka produces US Army metal and cloth insignia since the 1950's. I bought exactly the same colored 8th ID patch you posted in your intro some months ago from an ebay dealer in s/e asia. Will post a direct comparison later.

Lars

Proud Kraut

The 8th ID subdued sold by KALKA on the left. What I can say for sure is, that they are not made with the same machine.

Kalka_1.jpg

Lars - Thank you for posting examples of KALKA patches and confirming that my patches are from Southeast Asia.

There are some non-US patches I'd like to order from KALKA (Tuch NVA Fallschirmabzeichen). Do you think they would sell to someone in the US?

son of desertrat
This is the VIIth Corps patch sold by Kalka. Hope this helps.

The front of htat looks pretty good. I can see alot of people falling for these.

Keenan

• 10 years later...

Here's the Kalka store in an undated photo. Their Links are dead, so maybe they're not around no more? Notice the side of the store that says Stickerei (means Embroidery) does this mean they made all their cloth insignia here, here at this location? Think they opened up what in the late 60s?

Army-store.jpg