WW1 Marine Pilot Lt. Edward R. Young

Belleauwood

Belleauwood

This is a group that I just got and will keep for awhile. I usually do not collect Stateside groups and have be able to not get into WW2 groups, but I kind'a liked this one. The odd quirk is the individual whom I spoke to regarding this group is the individual that ORIGINALLY interviewed Mr. Young, and acquired these very artifacts. No WW1 uniform, but both his Khakis and Greens from WW2. The WW1 era wing was on his Khaki uniform when originally received from the vet more than 30 years ago. -Small world! - Will post more later - PS Great photo album!!

post-3422-1301700411.jpg

post-3422-1301700419.jpg

post-3422-1301700428.jpg

John Cooper
Images from the album

post-3422-1301700585.jpgpost-3422-1301700598.jpg

post-3422-1301700613.jpgpost-3422-1301700621.jpg

Young had some NADS!

Holy SMOKES!!! Thanks for posting yet another great group!

Cheers

John

The uniforms are pretty nice, but the wing and photo album would make this a very hard group to part with. Why in the world would you climb out on the tail of an aircraft, thousands of feet in the air, just for a picture? Big nads, yes...big brain, I don't know.

teufelhunde.ret
Why in the world would you climb out on the tail of an aircraft, thousands of feet in the air, just for a picture? Big nads, yes...big brain, I don't know.

... thats why they were called "flying devil dogs"

THAT WING IS TO DIE FOR....! Look forward to seeing the album. s/f D.

usmcaviator

Ah, saw that at the Pomona show...AGM? Thought you might like that grouping, glad you ended up with it Dennis.

S/F,

Mike

Belleauwood
Ah, saw that at the Pomona show...AGM? Thought you might like that grouping, glad you ended up with it Dennis.

S/F,

Mike

Not really the killer overseas group that I REALLY like, but the wings and album sure nabbed me.

Let's talk soon - DJ

That sure is one Excellent WW1 USMC Pilots Grouping you have got there another Fantastic Grouping

you have got there and thanks for sharing it with us Amazing Photo Album with that Grouping aswell. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like Lt. Ed. R .Young was a pretty Brave Guy hanging on to the tail end of the plane like that a couple of thousand feet

in the Air looking down at the runway in the destance pretty high up aswell in the Plain its a great Photo. :ermm: . Amazing..

• 2 weeks later...
Corsair pilot
This is a group that I just got and will keep for awhile. I usually do not collect Stateside groups and have be able to not get into WW2 groups, but I kind'a liked this one. The odd quirk is the individual whom I spoke to regarding this group is the individual that ORIGINALLY interviewed Mr. Young, and acquired these very artifacts. No WW1 uniform, but both his Khakis and Greens from WW2. The WW1 era wing was on his Khaki uniform when originally received from the vet more than 30 years ago. -Small world! - Will post more later - PS Great photo album!!

post-3422-1301700411.jpg

post-3422-1301700419.jpg

post-3422-1301700428.jpg

Excellent grouping. I like the wings.

kenny

• 1 year later...
Belleauwood

This group is now listed for sale on the forum under groupings

post-3422-1301700411.jpg

post-3422-1301700419.jpg

post-3422-1301700428.jpg