i have this ammo box, was spray painted, on the sides and front (not back or bottom) and now say 100 linked 50-cal, .... but the writing under the paint says 840 cartriages,M 193) 5.56 MM (maybe ? hard to tell), Bandoleers, LC 4-2, 10 RD clips, and has the S.C.F. imprinted, just that, and two imprinted dots on the lid, i pictures are un my profile main page under one of my former topics, and i found this ( that i looked at it in the light differently so the former paint showed) the old color was a dark green and is now a little lighter green ( check my profile topics to check the pictures on that topic)

what era? its hard to tell after my research so far

Ryan

Semper Fi

looking for ALL items related to china, india, burma, and japan

also modern gear

Since no one has responded to date, I'll offer my uneducated guess. If the original stenciling refers to 5,56mm ammunition, I'd think the box would be '60s era or later. In a garrison environment, ammuntion cans were supposed to be turned in to the ASP after the contents were fired; I recall that the ASPs occasiohally repainted and recycled them as containers for other odd lots of ammunition; this seems to be the case with your can.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.