5in1 ration

jumpwings

Wasn't that a Mountain Ration on Ebay a few years ago, got outbidded on that myself, and i've got them piccies aswell :thumbsup:

No, definately a 5 in 1 ration, see shot of outer carton..... clearly marked up as 5 in 1......

No, definately a 5 in 1 ration, see shot of outer carton..... clearly marked up as 5 in 1......

Aye mate, seen that, after I posted, this new post listing is annoying actually, ye have to link to EVERY post individually... :thumbdown:

• 1 year later...
187thAirborne

an interesting item would be a unit of assault rations. That would be about the size of a cracker-jack box, holding 3 meals. That was our issue for our jump at Munsan-ne, korea on 23 March 1951. Those rations were supposed to last us until relief arrived in about 3 days.

an interesting item would be a unit of assault rations. That would be about the size of a cracker-jack box, holding 3 meals. That was our issue for our jump at Munsan-ne, korea on 23 March 1951. Those rations were supposed to last us until relief arrived in about 3 days.

that's an amazing bit of info, that you were somehow supposed to be able to carry all that gear, fight the good fight, and exist for 3 days on that amount of calories. makes you wonder if the people that planned that out, ever tried to limit their intake as severely, even though you couldn't possibly compare desk work to the strenuous effort an infantry man puts forth.

• 1 month later...
iron19pard86

My friends and I are portraykng the 1st Marine Division on Quadal Canal later this month and we are looking for some one who repops 5in1 rations or know where we can find decent templates to build it ourselves. I haven't had an opportunity to read the entire thread since I am at work but want to get some input before diving in later this evening.

Thanks ahead of time.

redjoshman

My friends and I are portraykng the 1st Marine Division on Quadal Canal later this month and we are looking for some one who repops 5in1 rations or know where we can find decent templates to build it ourselves. I haven't had an opportunity to read the entire thread since I am at work but want to get some input before diving in later this evening.

Thanks ahead of time.

Wait, would've they even have the 5 in 1s yet?

Everything that I've read to the Marines on Guadalcanal using a mix of C-Ration, B-Rations, and Captured Japanese Rations that were present at Henderson Field. I'm just curious to your source.

-Josh