303rd BG gunner KIA grouping

TBMflyer

Thanks for the interest everyone, it is one of the most poignant groupings in my collection. Index, the award sheet came with the paperwork that was in the grouping, haven't seen another like it. Mark

• 8 months later...
ViewfinderGyrene

TBMflyer, thank you so much for posting this group. My first AAF item came from a Lt. in the 303rd, and the interest in

reseraching airmen from it certainly stuck. It pleases me a great deal when I see items from it. Thanks again! God bless the

airman, RIP!

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

On the 75th anniversary of the Magdeburg mission. The 303rd Bomb Group lost 11 of the 28 aircraft sent on the mission. From those aircraft, 23 men were made POW, 68 were KIA. Sgt. Turkington, rest in peace with your comrades in arms, you are not forgotten!!

• 11 months later...

Bringing this back up a day early. In remembrance of T/Sgt. Cal Turkington, his crew mates and all the members of the 303rd Bomb Group lost over Magdeburg on September 28, 1944. Rest in Peace.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Back up in honor of S/Sgt. Cal Turkington who was KIA 77 years ago today over Magdeburg Germany, you are not forgotten! Rest in Peace.

Mark

Every once in a while, we get someone either on here or other venues that feel that we as collectors don't have the right to possess the medals of these heroes. I believe that all one needs to do is to look at this and similar threads to be reminded that it is us, the caretakers, who remember these brave heroes and ensure that their memories do not die.

God bless SSG Turkington.

Allan

Allan and Dave, thanks for the kind remarks. Allan, to be honest, this is the reason that I collect-to keep the memory of these brave men alive and to make sure their stories are remembered.

Mark