Metal toy soldiers, are they worth anything?

MattS

I bought these years ago at a yard sale (I think). They are all pretty rough, and I want to get rid of them. Any thoughts on what era they are or what they would be worth would be greatly appreciated! Two have "Made in USA" on them so they may not be that old. The pilot in the bottom row (3rd from left) took a .22 hit it looks like in the chest! Thanks!

post-32676-1301417627.jpg

Matt

They look to be the Barclay or Manoil brand.Some of the harder to find figures will get spendy but the ones in well played with condition I have bought in the $3-$7 each range here at flea markets and shows.Hope this helps

RD

Ah, love the lead soldiers! As already mentioned, you have American dimestore toys by Barclay and Manoil. Here is my best estimate on identifying them, with the manufacturers' numbers and descriptions:

Top row:

Barclay B51a, "Sailor Blue Uniform, long stride, bell bottoms"

Barclay B52, "Sailor White Uniform, in puttees"

Barclay B128, "Officer with gas mask, cast helmet"

Bottom row:

Barclay B90, "Soldier Running, with rifle, cast helmet"

Barclay B16, "Soldier at Attention"

Manoil M60, "Aviator"

Manoil M99, "Soldier With Gun and Pack Marching"

As with all toys, the ones with the most paint and all intact parts command greater value. Most of these rate a Good or less, and are probably worth $5-12 to a collector.

I collect old British ones, but I have a handful of these on a shelf with some WWI military items--a nice blend of home front and military connection.

Cheers,

Johannes

Always thought these were pretty cool myself LOL. My son has a small growing collection of 'em we display. They do look good mixed amongst homefront stuff.