Anyone bought from EMC International?

capa

It sure is priced cheap/right at $40. I am sure you get what you pay for, but from 10 feet away do you think it would look okay?

Thanks!

Capa

post-1646-1301323913.jpg

post-1646-1301324848.jpg

The cut and pocket placement on that vest is really bothering me for some reason. I would save and get one from ATF, I have one of their vests and it rocks.

-Josh

Thanks for the replies Gents. I suppose it's like anything else we buy in this hobby---what is the end use? For me, it would be very occasional wear to represent a D-Day impression. So, for $40 that might be okay. IF I reenacted a lot or did tacticals I would go for the ATF without question.

Just for fun, here are images of the ATF vest. I have bought from them a few times and like their products very much. Of course, I like to patronize companies I think highly of as well.

Compare the pockets...

Capa

post-1646-1301403935.jpg

post-1646-1301403946.jpg

The Sturm assault vest isn't bad for the price. The material is a little thinner that ATF's and has that "shiney" look that some Sturm products have/had. Once it's "worn in" it looks good.

For the money, you can't go wrong. Got one myself. Besides, by the time you have an e tool, gasmask, cartridge belt, life vest etc etc on over the top, you can barely see the damn thing anyway. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ATF and their products, but would struggle to justify spending what they are asking for one of their vests when you only wear the thing once in a blue moon. Each to their own though...

Captzak and Possum-thanks for the replies. I think the next time I have some "mad money" I will go ahead and get one of the $40. Excellent points Possum! You won me over.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a few odds and ends from them.

I had an issue where something was wrong, and they promptly fixed the issue. Customer service is an "A".

The products are pretty accurately described, and well priced.

I'd buy from them again.