1st Infantry Division Platoon Sgt. Late War Display

LTGSANCHEZ

Got bored and put together a new setup today for a late-war 1st division platoon sgt. M43 jacket, wool trousers, 10 pocket belt and bandage pouch, shovel and cover, canteen, suspenders, mussette bag, swivel bail helmet. Got the double buckle boots but they are way to small for the mannequin feet.

Left it kind of plain for now until I feel like adding a few goodies to it. Any suggestions on gear to add to it?

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
SAW OFF HIS TOES BWAHAHAHA!!! The boots will fit!

No way man! He was $115 off ebay with shipping. I can't bring myself to do it!

you could change the display to a platoon sgt taking a break with his trousers rolled up washing his feet with his boots displayed nearby :lol:

you could change the display to a platoon sgt taking a break with his trousers rolled up washing his feet with his boots displayed nearby :lol:

I could put some period toe nail polish with the display for a dramatically metrosexual WWII display.

or you could make a Battle of the Bulge display, and paint his feet black to look like he has frost bite, as an excuse for not wearing his boots, then have a guy with a medic helmet wrappping his feet

I bought an mannequin of 600 dollars last year, first thing I did: He's almost died of frozen toes.. so I used my saw

Bob

Removing the toes to fit the boots would probably not affect the price of the manikin if that's what you're worried about. Probably most people that would buy it would put shoes on it also and the missing toes would not show, Ray think.gif

you could buy some reproduction WWII combat boots in your shoe size, then you could wear them if you wanted, and they would get that broken in look

and they could be used on the mannequin when your not wearing them

20068profile.JPG

think.gif

Hopefully my first experience in lower extremity amputation will go well. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just saw off an inch of foot and get those boots on there. I'm in the process of changing my war room around so it is a good time to do it. I'll post photos of the results next weekend! I also thought about painting up the mannequins and bit, give them some color or dirt or something. Right now they all look like a bunch of pretty boys. Didn't I see a thread on that... someone upgrading their display mannequins?