33rd Infantry Division Grouping - No ID

LTGSANCHEZ

Got no ID on this guy. Have his dress coat which had 33rd Inf patch and sgt chevrons. The pocket had his ribbons and sterling CIB as well as a sewing kit with extra patches, overseas bars, etc. His pistol belt came with the grouping with the name "SPENCER" on it. Not amazing, but it's been difficult finding 33rd divisional stuff. What was the award criteria for the Phillipine Lib medal bar ad how many did they award?

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

Got no ID on this guy. Have his dress coat which had 33rd Inf patch and sgt chevrons. The pocket had his ribbons and sterling CIB as well as a sewing kit with extra patches, overseas bars, etc. His pistol belt came with the grouping with the name "SPENCER" on it. Not amazing, but it's been difficult finding 33rd divisional stuff. What was the award criteria for the Phillipine Lib medal bar ad how many did they award?

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

He may be researchable. Given the name Spencer, and, do I see the initials BAS in the lining? Could it be B. A. Spencer? Try searching for a vet named Spencer from that general area.

BTW -- I have never seen a Pacific vet wearing his CIB on the pocket flap. This is more typical of ETO airborne guys who gave their wings precedence that way.

The Phil Lib ribbon was worn by all troops who served there. If they saw combat, add a star! Take a look at the 33rd's combat records in the Order of Battle. I am not sure how many/which 33rd Infy Regts saw what action. Some may have earned 2 stars.

Good luck!

G