Colorado State Guard Patch variation WW2?

ludwigh1980

ludwigh1980

Three examples of this patch are on a uniform grouping I purchased on ebay a few months back. All pieces are ww2 issue. I have attempted to research it and have come up empty and I live in Colorado. Looks ww2 era and I think its legit.

Any thoughts and respounces would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

The grouping link is below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...D&viewitem=

post-23325-1301247270.jpg

-

Three examples of this patch are on a uniform grouping I purchased on ebay a few months back. All pieces are ww2 issue. I have attempted to research it and have come up empty and I live in Colorado. Looks ww2 era and I think its legit.

Any thoughts and respounces would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

The grouping link is below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...D&viewitem=

Hi Terry

Steve "Patch Johnson" wrote the book on Cloth Insignia of the US State guards and State Defence Forces (1993)in conjuntion with Richard Smith. He is offline at the moment otherwise he would be in like a robbers dog. Based on his book this design was in use for two periods ,early 1945-to end of war and again 1957-71 before the unit was disbanded. He is in your neck of the woods Great State of Colorado.This book is a must for SG/SDF units and is available on ebay thru medalsguy. You c an also PM patch johnson-Phill

-

Hi Terry

Steve "Patch Johnson" wrote the book on Cloth Insignia of the US State guards and State Defence Forces (1993)in conjuntion with Richard Smith. He is offline at the moment otherwise he would be in like a robbers dog. Based on his book this design was in use for two periods ,early 1945-to end of war and again 1957-71 before the unit was disbanded. He is in your neck of the woods Great State of Colorado.This book is a must for SG/SDF units and is available on ebay thru medalsguy. You c an also PM patch johnson-Phill

I definately need to get my hands on a copy.

-Ski

• 2 weeks later...
I definately need to get my hands on a copy.

-Ski

The book is well worth getting, in fact I got two, one I can keep as is, and the other I can mark up with notes for changes, and addittions as they are found . It is almost time a updated version came out, but do not know if that will ever happen

The book is well worth getting, in fact I got two, one I can keep as is, and the other I can mark up with notes for changes, and addittions as they are found . It is almost time a updated version came out, but do not know if that will ever happen

Hi s_e_craig

Steve is unfortunetely offline, but he is in the process of an updated version and will be 99% colour ,no time table has been established yet. That is all the info i can provide at this time. Phill

Hi s_e_craig

Steve is unfortunetely offline, but he is in the process of an updated version and will be 99% colour ,no time table has been established yet. That is all the info i can provide at this time. Phill

thanks for the info, will look forward to seeing it when it comes out. I used to really collect the statue guard and sate defnese force patches , and some pins. But find them hard to find. and always get out bid on ebay. Sometimes even miss them even though I have it marked. Sure did miss that Coloroad one which starated this thread. one I have looked for for a long time.