M-445 Navy Jacket that belonged to ace Floyd C. Kirkpatrick

bazelot

M-445A jacket named to Ace Floyd C. Kirkpatrick. Kirkpatrick was the CO of VMF-441 at Okinawa. On April the 15th he shot down 3 Vals. He was an ace by the end of May and finished the war with 5.5 kills.

THis jacket is in great condition with no tears and if it was my size it could be worn. THe shearling is still amazingly strong (especially at the shoulders were they usually blow up) and there is just some loss of dye on the lower front right of the jacket but it is just cosmetic (I wonder why there was so much wear on this section of the jacket, any ideas). The pictures can be deceiving as it looks like the shearling is cracked but it's not, the finish is just wearing off. Right sleeve has to un-stitched spots on the right seam. Should be an easy fix.

This truly an outstanding jacket and the fact that it was owned by an ace makes a lot more special.

$800 plus paypal fees and shipping

Picture121.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

Picture101-2.jpg

Picture106-1.jpg

M4458.jpg

Still a very beautiful jacket in your collection! Very nice and the most valuable for me is that you know his owner. Thank you for sharing and the very interesting photos.

Franck

Still a very beautiful jacket in your collection! Very nice and the most valuable for me is that you know his owner. Thank you for sharing and the very interesting photos.

Franck

Thanks Frank! It really is an outstanding jacket. Sorry for listing it twice here. This topic was supposed to be in the For Sale section. Again apologies, this thread can be deleted.

Nice, I like that name. I have a good bit of Kirkpatrick in my blood :) But no relation that I'm aware of.

-Matt.