Website 551st PIB vet Joe Cicchinelli

We few...

Dear folks,

In honor of WWII paratrooper Joe Cicchinelli and the unit he served in, the 551st Parachute Infantry Battalion, we founded a website.

His personal stories, the history of the 551st PIB, unique pictures, movies and other information can be read at the website.

We would be honored if you leave a message in the guestbook.

May we never forget what all men like Joe Cicchinelli did for our freedom!

GOYA!

Marco.

Marco,

Don't know if you are intrested or not !

But there is an IDentified 551st PIB Grouping being currently Split up on EBay

into 5/6 Listings right now and the Veteran is from Ohio !

which is a shame tought you might be intrested in it ?

Tomás :thumbsup:

Hi Tomás,

Thanks for the info, I've seen the stuff on e-bay and I placed bids on these items. These came from the Lt. Buckenmeyer estate, and it's a darn shame that this stuff is about to be split up!

Lately also a lot of stuff from the estate of GOYA bird Jack Leaf has been on e-bay, and I was able to obtain some of this, but not all, it's getting quit expensive.

Just a few weeks ago I was with Joe in Arizona and we made some arrangments to make sure that Joe's stuff goes to several museums if something happens to him.

Thanks again!

Marco.

Hi Tomás,

Thanks for the info, I've seen the stuff on e-bay and I placed bids on these items. These came from the Lt. Buckenmeyer estate, and it's a darn shame that this stuff is about to be split up!

Lately also a lot of stuff from the estate of GOYA bird Jack Leaf has been on e-bay, and I was able to obtain some of this, but not all, it's getting quit expensive.

Just a few weeks ago I was with Joe in Arizona and we made some arrangments to make sure that Joe's stuff goes to several museums if something happens to him.

Thanks again!

Marco.

Hello Marco,

Your very welcome my friend :thumbsup: no problem at all,

I was actually going to cantact you through a PM but i had forgotton your User Id sorry ! And you posted today so it was very handy indeed

as to let you know about them PIB Great Items.. As i know you have 551st items in your collection from Joe from your other posts i replyed to you on before. Yes it is a great grouping as i would love to be able to Bid on them Items But i wont be due to Funds its a real shame its getting split up like that i hate when Groupings get split up they should be kept together as they have being for the last 66+ years.

That was a great idea on your behalf in what you are doing to assure his items wont be disposed off and that they will be preserved properaly i would say he has some amazing stories to share with you when you do meet up with him amazing.

God Bless

Tomás.

You're absolutly right Tomás!

All the best to you from Holland!

Marco.

You're absolutly right Tomás!

All the best to you from Holland!

Marco.

Hey Marco,

Yes its True..You Take Care My Friend Also

God Bless.

Warmest Regards from Ireland