2nd medic pouch for review

Jay V

Hi Guys

Well sice my 1st medic pouch i posted in not looking to promising wanted some opinions of the 2nd one i traded for at the same time as the 1st.Thanks alot Jay

post-564-1301150107.jpg

This one is not much better I'm afraid. It's missing the canvas strap piece that is sewn to both outer sides with the eyelets to enable the pouch to be laced up and reduced in size. The strap is incorrect. Its usually wider and the catches have a kinda swivel feature that allows rotation of the strap. I thought the ring used to attach the strap to the bag was a D shape rather then round but I could be mistaken on that. Try searching the site there has to be a good picture of one somewhere. There is always a possibility its some sort of variation I'm not familiar with though. Lets see if the canvas collectors have a different opinion.....

craig_pickrall

I agree with what Survival said except it is a round ring rather than a D ring.

One possiblity is it is an unfinished medic bag sold as manufacturers surplus after the war. There is a line across the front of the bag below the strap. That could be a marker to show the where the eyelet strap was supposed to be attached. You see that alot on canvas goods. They printed lines as a guide to show where the the assorted straps etc were to be attached. maybe this was just an unfinished example. I can't help you on your other medic harness. Have not seen enough of them to say for sure.