Dad's Ike

Robswashashore

Robswashashore

I have finished working on an Ike and garrison cap to honor my father, MSGT William Gould, who served as a USAAF Meteorologist in the 8th Weather Squadron at Bluie West 1 Airbase in Greenland during WWII. Dad is 91 years old and lives in the next town over.

post-12350-1301109907.jpgpost-12350-1301109921.jpg

What an Excellent way to Honour your Fathers Military Service im sure you are

very proud of him and why wouldnt you be, Very Nice to see and Well Done :thumbsup: .

Robswashashore
Very nice J.....great tribute Ike. Has your dad seen it yet?

Brian -- Brought it over this afternoon on my daily visit. Big Smile! He started remembering how he had to get a new Ike from General Supply when his was stolen in a hotel lobby in liberated Paris. (He had hitched a ride there on a C46.) Then he tried the Ike on and the cap, too. There are tears in my eyes as I write this...

Jean

BILL THE PATCH

great job!!, i plan on getting my dad's done also. but i need a clean class a tunic. they didnt have ike's in the pacific at that time. well anyway i dont think they did. you said he was in the 8th weather sqn did they have a sqn patch. i'm only asking because i have a 8th weather sqn patch in my collection just trying to verify that it's a ww2 era patch( looks like it is) or post war. it's a snow man behind a 8 ball on a large 5 inch blue twill patch. i was tols it's the 8th weather sqn. would be cool if it's the patch your father was supposed to be issued. bill

Robswashashore
great job!!, i plan on getting my dad's done also. but i need a clean class a tunic. they didnt have ike's in the pacific at that time. well anyway i dont think they did. you said he was in the 8th weather sqn did they have a sqn patch. i'm only asking because i have a 8th weather sqn patch in my collection just trying to verify that it's a ww2 era patch( looks like it is) or post war. it's a snow man behind a 8 ball on a large 5 inch blue twill patch. i was tols it's the 8th weather sqn. would be cool if it's the patch your father was supposed to be issued. bill

Bill that is exactly what Dad's Squadron patch looks like! (It is displayed in his shadowbox, which he keeps in his bedroom next to the picture of my late mother.)

BILL THE PATCH

wow that's great news. i was wondering if it was ww2 era or not now i have definate proof, next time you see your dad , thank him for his service from me. march 11th was my dads 3rd aniversary of his passing, there's not one day that goes by that i dont think of him. bill