Amazing Mike Force Uniform Photo

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

The one thing I love about collecting Vietnam era items, esp. elite pieces, is as soon as you think you have seen everything a photo will pop up you have never seen before. In this months Soldier Of Fortune magazine there is a article about the China Boys Mike Force. In the article is this killer photo.

mf.jpg

It looks like he is wearing a Australian fatigue shirt. On the sleeve is a silk woven 3rd Corps "China Boy" mike force patch. Above it is a Airborne tab and then either a Ranger or a Recon tab. On his left chest is a name strip ( Pier Teyek) then a RECON strip and US jump wings. Above his right chect pocket is a ARVN Special Forces pattern silk woven jump wing.

This is one of those uniforms, that if you saw it on Ebay, everyone would post it here on the Forum, tearing it apart as to what is wrong with it.

Again, what a killer photo.

Obvious fake put together by someone who has not read all those books on what Vietnam era uniforms are supposed to look like...LOL!

Exceptions, exceptions, exceptions... the only rule to Vietnam collecting is that there were exceptions to any preconcieved notion one might have.

Obvious fake put together by someone who has not read all those books on what Vietnam era uniforms are supposed to look like...LOL!

Exceptions, exceptions, exceptions... the only rule to Vietnam collecting is that there were exceptions to any preconcieved notion one might have.

Ain't it the truth. Happens all the time.

vintageproductions

Yup, Spike you did. Plus you wouldn't stop calling until I got it. But I am definately glad I did buy this issue.

• 8 years later...

I realize that a picture of a picture doesn't always have the best results, but I figured that I would enlarge the central figure in the photo to make some of the details a little more easy to see. I know that I am seeing a lot more to this uniform than what i was seeing in the first photos.

Allan

post-151-0-12313000-1568476083.jpg

• 3 years later...

Doing some research and stumbled on this post. Thought I'd update it because I have archived a COLOR photo of this group some time ago. 
Not an aussie shirt though Bob, but a fascinating collection of insignia on one garment for sure!
Enjoy.

3MSFC troops incl roadrunners in vc garb.jpg