14th ADM43

cpatrick

This one has lot's of character! If you want to look at a pristine M43 that has never seen action, then this probably isn't your thread! This one came to me just last year, directly from the veteran. He was a "tank mechanic" in the 14th AD, and boy does it show, right down to the grease on his jacket!! For the life of me, I can't find his name. I have it written down, with some other information that he gave me, but I cannot seem to locate it. I do know, for certain, that he is a combat veteran.

I will also be posting a double patched CBI in a bit, so keep your eyes open...

Chris

post-548-1190753653.jpg

OK, so at least I thought this one had character. I guess that I am the only one who get's all warm and fuzzy about a greased up M43... :lol:

Chris

The warm and fuzzy about this is that you got it directly from the vet! I'm sure you will treasure it, as well you should. Some would cut the patch off and toss the rest.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if that greese is from his '55 Ford and not his Sherman tank.

Thanks for the photo. When you find the vet's info, put a copy of it in the pocket, that's what I do.

BKW