70th Infantry Division Medical Officer Grouping

wildcat123

This was my "big" SOS purchase this year, a very nice uniform grouping to a 70th ID, 275th infantry regiment medical administrative officer. Two very nice uniforms with post war German made (?) patches and sewn ribbon bars. Pin back combat medical badges on both uniforms. Also included were a number of maps (one really cool one that had an overlay with tactical markings), booklets, his double buckle boots (44 dated), Bronze Star, and misc insignia. The research was very quick and easy. Found an excellent obituary with a photo of him in uniform. The 70th ID website is awesome and was able to confirm both his Bronze Star and his CMB (awarded in June of 45). All in all, just a nice little grouping. Let me know what you think.

post-1095-1300508824.jpg

post-1095-1300508830.jpg

Aaaaah :w00t: I have 2 maps from Lt. Brennan and his unit history too! The maps and unit history were sold about a year ago on ebay:

maps.jpg

maps2.jpg

The maps are from Hagenau and Lembach. Do you know how he got the BS? If you ever want to sell it, please tell me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very nice group! THe 70th is another one of those unsung divisions that had a excellent combat record, but just not a great PR person! Well done! If I find anything on him from the local papers, I'll send it along.

Wildcat, I also have some personal pictures from the 275th MED BAT. If you are interested in some scans you can send me a PM or I can post them here? :thumbsup: .

Aaaaah :w00t: I have 2 maps from Lt. Brennan and his unit history too! The maps and unit history were sold about a year ago on ebay:

maps.jpg

maps2.jpg

The maps are from Hagenau and Lembach. Do you know how he got the BS? If you ever want to sell it, please tell me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice to see that some items of Lt. Brennan are re-united. Or atleast know where they are !

A great jacket Wildcat !

Wildcat.....I woulda grabbed that one if you hadn't beat me to it. Nice set.

Keep me in mind down the road.....hope you get the other smalls on this thread to put back with the trunk.

;)

Thanks for the nice comments guys, I really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Capt. Brennan obviously cared about how he looked after the surrender, he really put together some nice uniforms.

• 3 years later...

I thought I would bring this back to the top and add another photo. This is a map carried by LT Brennan which still has the the tactical markings from an attack made in February 1945. Also an excerpt from the 275th Inf Medical Detachment mentioning Brennan's role during the attack.

post-203-0-41552400-1399024628.jpg

post-203-0-82035100-1399024620.jpg

• 4 years later...

Always liked this group! Definitely has that wow factor. Is this in your collection now Erik?

Ben, Thank you and sorry I missed your question! Yes, this group is now with me.