82nd/17th para ike on epay-- looks nice

Costa

take a look guys-- seems to have many docs! in uniform section

It looks very nice. My question is though, wanted the 82AB be on the right side (combat) vs the 17th? Maybe its me, but I usually see it the other way around. Also, if he was on D-Day, as stated, I would suspect the 82d pacth would be on the right side.

I don't know the answer, that's why I am asking.

The REAL NICE ONE is the jump jacket,boots, helmet by motelbuyer - last look it was over 2500 with 5+days to go.

Jeff

The REAL NICE ONE is the jump jacket,boots, helmet by motelbuyer - last look it was over 2500 with 5+days to go.

Jeff

It is at 2750.00 right now. Here is the Ebay reference number for those interested, although definitely shouldn't be hard to find. :w00t:

ww1collector

If memory serves, this cross stitched Ike jacket is part of a larger group that sold at the Show of Shows this February. Seller at SOS was Pete Bennethum. It had an incredible patched jump jacket and another uniform/patched jacket with it. I was quoted $3000 for the group, which I thought was a good price with most of the money in the jump jacket. I hemmed and hawwed at the SOS and someone else got it. So it appears that the new buyer is now breaking it up.

If memory serves, this cross stitched Ike jacket is part of a larger group that sold at the Show of Shows this February. Seller at SOS was Pete Bennethum. It had an incredible patched jump jacket and another uniform/patched jacket with it. I was quoted $3000 for the group, which I thought was a good price with most of the money in the jump jacket. I hemmed and hawwed at the SOS and someone else got it. So it appears that the new buyer is now breaking it up.

I just cannot understand people like that who break up groupings like you have said

what a shame as they have being together like that for the last 65+ years why not

leave it like that as a entire Grouping....

There trying to make a lot more profit for them selves what a real shame, Its all about money !

It is at 2750.00 right now. Here is the Ebay reference number for those interested, although definitely shouldn't be hard to find. :w00t:

Re this 513/17th grouping, that helmet must have been one the veteran wore post-war for reunions then, as it certainly ain't a wartime liner in there, and everything seems to have been painted at the same time... hmmmm...

As for this Ike, if the guy was 507th, he can be a Normandy jump veteran, then moving to the 17th Airborne with the regiment, then assigned to the 82nd as not enough points to go home with the 17th - or he could just have stayed on, of course.

Cheers,

Glen.