29th inf officers jacket ebay

blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd

Just woundering if any of you guys saw the 29th inf div officer jacket that sold on ebay today. It was pretty much complete except for collar rank device. Looked like it was in great shape had cib 1row medal bar but only 2 6month sleeve slashes. It sold like i said today for 204.00 plus shipping. No one even bid on it till a couple hours before end started at 99.00 i was hopeing to get it for that. Without seeing it for yourself just useing my description do you think 200 was to much? It was not named and didnt have any background story to it that i saw. I ask because my uncle served with the 29th and was kia on d-day. So i have always had a soft spot for 29th stuff, but just over the last year or so started looking to buy 29th uniforms. Dont see alot of them for sale i looked over the whole SOS and didnt see any dress jackets and only a dozen or so patchs. Well just like to see what you guys think fair price and or a good deal priceing is on for example the above jacket. And i know it always comes down to its worth what someone will give you for it but i want to know if there is a justifible reason 29th stuff is expensive.

everforward

I dunno. With the service stripes and ribbons as a combination it seems somewhat fishy....no rank either. The guy would have been pretty old as an officer to have the WW1 service stripe, right..? Just my .02.

Ugghh not this idiot again. :pinch:

Do not buy from this seller. He is a known fraud. Most of his jackets are put togethers. I wouldn't trust anything from this sell unless it had provenance without any doubt.

Of course no one has to listen, and he will just keep getting money off his fake uniforms like he has been doing for years. :)

See threads below on this seller:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=57483

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...503&hl=3590

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...p;mode=threaded

Justin

PS whenever I see that blue background, I always know to steer clear. :thumbsup:

Justin

I agree with the above comment.

blitzkrieg gsd

Wow so this guy is a known put together artist sounds rite. I was looking threw his ebay store and noticed he had a lot of nice jackets and all were pretty close to complete. Also he had a couple of negative feedbacks that said item was not as listed. And to think i set around all week thinking heres my chance to get a nice 29th jacket. But i did notice the label myself and figured it my just be a style i had not seen. Now that stripe on the sleeve was weird and your rite if it was a ww1 stripe he would be old. Then only two 6month over seas stripes didnt make sense to me not saying it couldnt be possible. So what if it was sold as a put together would it still be worth 200 or would you say just a total of the parts? Johan i saw your display and i love it its the visual inspiration of what i would like to have in my war room. Now in the perfect world they would all be from ided vets from my uncles unit, its ok to dream rite? Is all this hype and price inflation justified for 29th stuff like i said it dont seem easy or cheap to find there stuff.

Wow so this guy is a known put together artist sounds rite. I was looking threw his ebay store and noticed he had a lot of nice jackets and all were pretty close to complete. Also he had a couple of negative feedbacks that said item was not as listed. And to think i set around all week thinking heres my chance to get a nice 29th jacket. But i did notice the label myself and figured it my just be a style i had not seen. Now that stripe on the sleeve was weird and your rite if it was a ww1 stripe he would be old. Then only two 6month over seas stripes didnt make sense to me not saying it couldnt be possible. So what if it was sold as a put together would it still be worth 200 or would you say just a total of the parts? Johan i saw your display and i love it its the visual inspiration of what i would like to have in my war room. Now in the perfect world they would all be from ided vets from my uncles unit, its ok to dream rite? Is all this hype and price inflation justified for 29th stuff like i said it dont seem easy or cheap to find there stuff.

You can truly have a great collection of 29th infantry items, just be sure to be patient, determined, and smart. Take your time to read and research about the division. Study threads on this forum to help you have more confidence in knowing what items are real and what are fake.

Don't be afraid to walk away from an auction if the price gets too high. There will always be another item. Here are some great sites for WWII memorabilia:

http://www.baystatemilitaria.com/

http://www.warrelics.com/Military-Warrelic...c&subcat=%%

http://www.vintageproductions.com/

http://www.wardogmilitaria.com/index.php?m...ex&cPath=42

Justin

blitzkrieg gsd

Thanks Od Man all the help i can get i need for sure. The links are great the more good dealers i know about the better. Is there alot of people out there that collect 29th stuff? It just seems that the prices are on the high side compared to other divisions. Patient thats rite and i try but its hard sometimes i thought i found something good with the above jacket. Glad i was patient and didnt jump in and bid on that one it just didnt feel rite. Over the last year since i have been looking for 29th uniforms i have only seen about 4 and only 2 of them were trustworthy. Should i just give in and say 29th stuff is more expensive or is it worth waiting on a good deal? I understand if it just the way it is like airborne stuff and i can live with it. But if its just a fad or something thats going to fade away in 10 years after people forget about SPR or whatever started it. Then maybe i will have to get real patient but i would rather do that then pay top dollar just to see the bottom fall out in a few years.

Johan Willaert
Thanks Od Man all the help i can get i need for sure. The links are great the more good dealers i know about the better. Is there alot of people out there that collect 29th stuff? It just seems that the prices are on the high side compared to other divisions. Patient thats rite and i try but its hard sometimes i thought i found something good with the above jacket. Glad i was patient and didnt jump in and bid on that one it just didnt feel rite. Over the last year since i have been looking for 29th uniforms i have only seen about 4 and only 2 of them were trustworthy. Should i just give in and say 29th stuff is more expensive or is it worth waiting on a good deal? I understand if it just the way it is like airborne stuff and i can live with it. But if its just a fad or something thats going to fade away in 10 years after people forget about SPR or whatever started it. Then maybe i will have to get real patient but i would rather do that then pay top dollar just to see the bottom fall out in a few years.

I have always collected 29th stuff, and in the beginning no-one even knew they landed on Omaha Beach.... Everyone was always talking about the Big Red One.... I even re-enacted 29th in the early 80s... (116IR or 121Engrs)

Then came SPR and Pvt Upham sparked an interest, and the book about the Bedford Boys came out and then prices really took off...

As said, learn about the 29th's history and eventually you will know what to trust and what not...

Get involved with other 29th collectors as we do let someone else get something from time to time (LOL)...

I have always collected 29th stuff, and in the beginning no-one even knew they landed on Omaha Beach.... Everyone was always talking about the Big Red One.... I even re-enacted 29th in the early 80s... (116IR or 121Engrs)

Then came SPR and Pvt Upham sparked an interest, and the book about the Bedford Boys came out and then prices really took off...

As said, learn about the 29th's history and eventually you will know what to trust and what not...

Get involved with other 29th collectors as we do let someone else get something from time to time (LOL)...

Was the 112th Combat Engineer Battalion also part of the 116th IR team as well?

blitzkrieg gsd

Thanks Johan im just getin started with 29th stuff i been working on finding out what unit my uncle served with. I got diffrent answers to that everything from 116th to the 121engs. All i know for sure now is he was a combat medic and was kia on d-day. Maybe soon my request for documents will show up and ill know for sure.