13th Engineers, AEF

jagjetta

Still processing a large photo collection I recently acquired and finding some decent patch shots.

Here is a pretty decent view of the 13th Engineer SSI being worn, ca. 1919. The 13th was a heavy railway unit.

John

post-949-1300127903.jpg

close-up shot of insignia

Great photo! The patch itself is also very hard to find. Usually what you find are the Patch King type made for collecters. Can not scan now but have an original. Does anyone else have one? Dan can perhaps help out when he gets to his Engineer patches from WW1. Mort

• 2 years later...

My grandfather was in the 13th in France. We have several shoulder patches from his uniforms that don't seem to match any others we've seen online.

After the war, he attended conventions all over the country for the"60th Railway Engineers" but I've never found any reference to such a group on the internet. My grandmother was the secretary for the group for years and I have lots of old mimeographed newsletters and convention meeting minutes. They also left me lots of group pictures with names and locations. If anyone has any info on this group or would be interested in the info I have, post a message here.

• 1 month later...

My grandfather was in the 13th in France. We have several shoulder patches from his uniforms that don't seem to match any others we've seen online.

After the war, he attended conventions all over the country for the"60th Railway Engineers" but I've never found any reference to such a group on the internet. My grandmother was the secretary for the group for years and I have lots of old mimeographed newsletters and convention meeting minutes. They also left me lots of group pictures with names and locations. If anyone has any info on this group or would be interested in the info I have, post a message here.

Foggy:

the 60th Engineers was a standard gauge railway operation battalion organinzed in May 1918 at Ft. Benjamin Harrison, IN. They shipped to France in June 1918. In September 1918, they were converted to the 60th Regiment, Transportation Corps.

Though the 13th was a Standard Gauge unit, I don't know of any direct relationship with the 60th. Sorry.

JAG

daniel griffin

As Mort said, a common patch king type, but a WWI period patch is not so easy to find. I have one lone patch, but would like to have more.

usmf.jpg

• 6 years later...

A friend that I had traded with for years had picked up a WWI uniform with the 13th on the shoulder at an estate sale from family members.  When he got home he checked the pockets and pulled out an extra patch, which I got in a trade.

A-0013th Eng Regt, 1-F.jpg

A-0013th Eng Regt, 1-R.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...