1st Cav Multi CAM patch

PATCHRAT

I don't doubt that it's not multicam. Just want to see the difference between the two greens...

I know, I didn't mean that you thought otherwise. Sorry. ;)

-Ski

I meant to post the pic in the Multi cam request TOPIC but screwed up. So hopefully a MOD will move it. I am currently in the 1st CD and these are the MUTI CAM SSI we were just issued along with name tapes, US Army Tapes and Rank. We were not issue the rank to be sewn on the Patrol cap, helmet cover or floppy hat. For that we were given ONE subdued pin on rank. I cannot provide a side by side comparison shot of the old woodland SSI at the moment. I am out of town. The multi cam SSI does look similar to a faded or starched standard woodland SSI. Pretty sad.

On another note there are woodland SSI out there with integral Velcro but it is black not tanish like the Multi cam.

It's definately multicam. Neat photo. I don't know of any subdued patches with the built-in velcro like that.

-Ski

Here's a subdued Special Forces patches with the Velcro under the merrowed edge. Velcro was added to the Airborne tab, it's sewn to the back of a regular subdued tab.

post-929-1300483501.jpg

Last year when the 10th Mountain deployed from Ft. Polk, there was a shortage of multi-cam patches. The solution was to take ACU patches and a yellow marks a lot and used to color the patches and it made a presentable patch. I hestitated to post this because of the fakers. So the next time you see some guy buying yellow marks a lots at Walmart, don't buy his patches.