A-2 Flying Jacket

seebee1

Another A-2 I have owned for many years. This time the 384th Bombardment Group who were based at Grafton Underwood. The owners label had been removed, however in one of the pockets was his information, Kendall Daskey. He was a Second Lieutnant, assigned 6th December 1943 and his last duty date was 25th April 1944. By and large I never researched this Jacket, though there is a fair amount of information on the 384th BG website. For its age it is in fairly good shape and the paintwork is strong. It is a little squashed, which I had not realised, due to the way I have been storing it. Anyway, hopefully Forum Members will enjoy seeing it. Regards, Clive.

post-1567-1299689964.jpg

Great jacket Clive! Very rare to find painted jackets in such a large size. I also like the squadron patch, a very well known squadron of the Mighty Eighth!

Beautiful, Clive!

I really love the crude stile of the painting and the additional details like the patches, the little baseball and of course the information on Lieutnant Daskey!

Thanks for sharing!

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Many thanks MattS. I have not been on this Forum for a while and delighted that you posted this link. Kind regards, Clive.