CFP-90 ruck sack

msgt norway

msgt norway

the pouches was used for survival kits,some of the recons had woodland nylon pouches to.

here are a few names of the marine recons i made friends with:

sgt ronald e wilson.

roger w mcdaniel.

1st recon.usmc if anyone know where to find them lett me know!!!!!!!!!!

cheers ken

msgt norway

would like to buy a ruck like the one on the recon pictures

from sgtmonroe.

pm me if anyone have one for sale.would also like the patrol pack to.

cheers ken,norway

flashesandovals
i think even experimental rucksacks were manufactured in that time frame. It is one of those, identical to what became the standard issue FPLIP, without the brown sleeping bag compartment and the quick attack patrol pack as in earlier model.

1_84fd1674af76775f39603a1ca3e8176e.jpg

1_84fd1674af76775f39603a1ca3e8176e2.jpg

While the production model wasn't liked at all the Lowe made ones were loved as you can see. In this photo is the original 1984 experimental model worn by a green beret departing for liberia in 2003. :thumbsup:

DF-SD-05-07193-1.jpg

Hi,

I have the green experimental pack - need the green patrol pack...

Anyone?

Thanks!

A lot of guys turned the packs in but kept the assault packs. In fact, I remember guys having replacement day packs made by local sew shops when they would get a main pack without the assault pack from a surplus store.

• 4 years later...
flashesandovals

Hi,

I have the green experimental pack - need the green patrol pack...

Anyone?

Thanks!

Finally got one last week!

post-9154-0-51506900-1430856773.jpg

• 1 month later...
flashesandovals

Since the original pictures in this topic appear to have gone...here is the green experimental LOWE pack (finally complete)

post-9154-0-57972600-1433841755.jpg

Fender Rhodes

A friend of mine picked one of the Lowe packs up (minus the patrol pack) for the meager sum of $20. Not bad. It's interesting to see the difference between this version and the CFP-90 that I carried on a number of deployments to Norway...

R/

FR

PS Folks were ALWAYS losing the patrol packs...

Fender Rhodes

He got the main pack for $20...it's missing the patrol pack. In fact, the pack was just thrown in with a gear lot. It was essentially a bonus. I don't think he cares that it's missing the patrol pack.

flashesandovals

Unlike the woodland CFP-90, these green ones do not have a cover (lid) - so they are pretty useless without the patrol pack I think.

Allen Dail

Very Nice Pack thanks for sharing flashesandovals. Do either of your packs have a label? Also could you get a pic of the straps and padding. your looks like it has two lumbar pads a lot different than the production.

Fender Rhodes

Unlike the woodland CFP-90, these green ones do not have a cover (lid) - so they are pretty useless without the patrol pack I think.

I only handled the one my friend got a few minutes, so I don't recall...maybe it did have the patrol pack. I'll have to ask him. Still, you can't beat $20 for the main pack...

flashesandovals

I only handled the one my friend got a few minutes, so I don't recall...maybe it did have the patrol pack. I'll have to ask him. Still, you can't beat $20 for the main pack...

That's right! BTW the one on eBay suddenly sold now - it had been on there for several weeks.

I guess that's what the forum does to collecting (and its cost)

josegarcia8578

Nice, so this pack proceed the CFP-90 ruck? I'm kinda interested in collecting packs and I have and eye looking for a CFP-90

Fender Rhodes

Nice, so this pack proceed the CFP-90 ruck? I'm kinda interested in collecting packs and I have and eye looking for a CFP-90

Yes. This was the prototype that was used in field testing before it went into full production. The camo version is the final version and they are markedly different when compared to one another.

There are two different suspension systems on the green rucksacks too.

- One uses a strap and buckle system (typical Lowe design), to raise and lower the position of the shoulder straps

- The second system is like the CFP-90 rucksack with the plastic yoke and rail system using 2 screws to do the same

• 11 months later...

I realize it's been a while since this thread has been covered, I'm hoping someone still has access to the manual for the CFP-90. I've had a knock-off for years and it has served me well (enough). I tried to replace it with a new civilian pack, and they just didn't cut it as far as size and ruggedness that I've come to expect. So, I just found an original and plan on using it for family backpacking trips. Any help is greatly appreciated.