Hand Stipled M37 Meyers Officer Dress

Brig

Saw this as a BIN at 55 bucks on eBay, no rear pic, and didn't glance twice, snagged it. Arrived today with a couple of surprises. Earlier stamped hallmarks and a hand-stipled globe. Real beauty....

101_0383.JPG

teufelhunde.ret
Saw this as a BIN at 55 bucks on eBay, no rear pic, and didn't glance twice, snagged it. Arrived today with a couple of surprises. Earlier stamped hallmarks and a hand-stipled globe. Real beauty....

:thumbsup: a beauty for sure & worth 10x that... you dog ;) Congrat's!

now I know the hand stipling on these has been discussed. How long did Meyers continue the practice before making the switch to machine tooling? I thought the switch was pretty much done by the late 30s

I know we've seen a few examples that predate the notion that this pattern was first used in 1937

Nice catch, Tim. I'm thinking this is at least an M1926 type or perhaps even earlier. No detail on when the hand-done stipling ceased but I am drawn to the bird and the fouling. My 2-cents.

Semper Fki.......Bob

thanks Bob...I was pleasantly surprised...I figured even if it was Korean era, the price was a deal!

teufelhunde.ret
Nice catch, Tim. I'm thinking this is at least an M1926 type or perhaps even earlier. No detail on when the hand-done stipling ceased but I am drawn to the bird and the fouling. My 2-cents.

Semper Fki.......Bob

... I'm w/ Bob on this one ;)

• 3 weeks later...
teufelhunde.ret

Recent acquisition, identical to yours...

20__s_meyer_002.jpg