Four Star Admiral Estate Sale

Bob Hudson

Admiral Sharp's Cloud and Banner medal did rather well!

Looks like it increased $1350 in the last 37 seconds of the auction! :w00t: Now THAT'S the kind of sniping a seller likes to see!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how much these are worth; a mere mortal one?

Dave

Looks like it increased $1350 in the last 37 seconds of the auction! :w00t: Now THAT'S the kind of sniping a seller likes to see!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave

When he fist listed it without the certificate he was offered 1200

Dave

$2550 for a Taiwan period medal is way over priced. The Admiral's name associated with it (along with the certificate) drove up the price.

For over $2500, I rather save up and buy a WWII first class version. Taiwan items don't appreciate very high as there not a lot of people collecting Taiwan items. Its first class though, but the person who it was awarded to drove it up. I wonder who bought the medal though...

I have always thought all medals of the ROC were numbered (even the medals awarded to Americans back in WWII). Today, Taiwan medals are still numbered, but I don't know why this one was not numbered on the medal and the certificate; maybe a replacement set? It came with an English certificate, but I rather see the Chinese one, which I doubt one was ever made.

Still a nice Cloud and Banner though. :)

$2550 for a Taiwan period medal is way over priced. The Admiral's name associated with it (along with the certificate) drove up the price.

For over $2500, I rather save up and buy a WWII first class version. Taiwan items don't appreciate very high as there not a lot of people collecting Taiwan items. Its first class though, but the person who it was awarded to drove it up. I wonder who bought the medal though...

I have always thought all medals of the ROC were numbered (even the medals awarded to Americans back in WWII). Today, Taiwan medals are still numbered, but I don't know why this one was not numbered on the medal and the certificate; maybe a replacement set? It came with an English certificate, but I rather see the Chinese one, which I doubt one was ever made.

Still a nice Cloud and Banner though. :)

It did have a Chinese certificate at one time as I have the document from the Admiral's files labeled "translation" (the ROC was very good at that as I also have several Chinese language invitations to Sharp from Chang Kai Shek and others officials and they all came with translations).

• 3 months later...
SEABEEBRIAN

If anyone is interested, tomorrow I will be listing a few of the items for sale that I bought including the swagger stick, the USNA class pin and the book of autographs.