Meyer M1926 Officer's Hat eagle for service uniform

bobgee

Here are some pics of the elusive Meyer M1926 Officer's Hat eagle recently obtained with a medal group to a yet unidentified officer. Though the pictures are not quite as vivid as the matching collar here posted, I hope the viewer can the fine details. There are Fakes of this insignia being offerred on EBay so "Buyer Beware!"

Meyer_Officer_Big_Droopy_Hat_OBV.JPG

Meyer_Officer_Big_Droopy_Hat_REV.JPG

Meyer_Officer_Big_Droopy_Hat_REV_Meyer_Shield_CU.JPG

Meyer_Officer_Big_Droopy_Hat_REV_Fire_Bronze_mark_CU.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

I had that feeling, the fire bronze pieces are notable for the appealing patina and aging of the bronze. I believe Jeremiah may have a collar emblem of a similar continent configuration, he aquired a month ago. He sent an email photo of it, in a moment of haste I inadvertently deleted it w/o copy. If anyone does have a fire bronze set of service collars, with identical applied continent's, it would be great to see and wonderful addition to the refence section.

• 1 month later...
teufelhunde.ret

These early period emblems bare all the classic style of those pre-war Marine emblems, undoubtedly of the mid to late 1920's. It consists of an applied continent unique in character to Meyer and a highly stylized eagle with pin back. They can be difficult to acquire in matched sets. This piece reflects what is commonly seen in singles. Unique to this emblem is the "fire brand hallmark". Little is known of the fire bronze hallmark and whom were the first to produce this. The reference section has several threads on this unique production method. A fine example for any EGA collection.

1920__s_fire_bronze.jpg