USS Arizona info

chipc

Hello - I apologize if this should be in a different category. Seemed like the most appropriate. My grandfather was on the USS Arizona when

Pearl Harbor was attacked. He retired after 20 years in the Navy, as a Commander I believe. For several years I've been trying to find

something - some kind of document or listing that shows him as having served on the Arizona. Not because I doubt his story, just think

it would be quite meaningful to have something like that. He died only a few years after telling me his story, so there's a lot that

I just never got to ask him.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may find - whatever it is - I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance...

chip

If you can post his name, various forum members have different research sources that can be checked.

There are also several of us with USS Arizona documents that lists names. I personnaly have 1939 documents in my collection which list officer names

We called him Leo but I have to assume he would be listed as Leonard Lay. I think he was around 18 or 19 in 1941. Thanks for any help you can provide!

chip

RustyCanteen

Not listed in Arizona (BB-39) survivors of 12/7/1941.

Maybe he was on prior to 1941 or was on a different ship.

The PH Survivors or USS Arizona associations might be able to help you.