1st Edition; Hump Pilot's Book

USMCRECON

I bought this a few days ago and it arrived today. It looked pretty decent shape in the photos but it's much better in the hand. It has just a little of the cover over the binding coming loose but the binding itself is still sound. It's a hard cover large format book, sort of yearbook sized (about 9x11 inches) but almost 2" thick with almost 600 pages of photos stories, specs, and info on units and individuals. I took pix of a handful of select pages just to provide an example.

First two pix are the front cover and the inside cover.

post-1107-1299194496.jpg

post-1107-1299194516.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Sgt. Boghots

Those are fantastic books, and a great addition to any military library. - I haven't priced them lately, but they weren't cheap when they were new by any means, and they've always been tough to locate.

Great reading and fantastic for research.

Best regards,

Paul

Is this an original or a reprint? Nothing wrong either way, just curious. I know Schiffer has reprinted a number of these histories.

That looks like an original. Also, there are at least two volumes. I say that because I know there are two, and I recently saw an ad for volume 3, but I wasn't able to confirm that with the seller.

USMCRecon,

That's a great looking book! I wonder when it was printed? Something else I need to look for now!!!

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I have a photo album that belonged to Lawrence Hudnall from Mammoth, WV. Based on the photos, I'm guessing he was a ground crewman stationed at an airfield in Burma. I figure they must have had multiple airfields and unfortunately Mr Hudnall didn't write down the airfield's name or location in the album.

I've included an intriguing photo of a C-47 with one Japanese flag painted on the side. A kill by a flying boxcar!

Any chance there is any comment about that this in your book?

I'd love to learn more details.

Thanks!

Kim

post-60-1300068452.jpg