Unknown WWI Military ??? Felt Patch

SLYDOG63

This 5" x 4" felt patch has redish orange graphics sewn on black, which is sewn on black. It has conjoined C&P letters with laural wreath on each side. The cloth is high quality and the stiching is perfect. This is way out of my area of knowledge. I contacted a couple of people in my area who have handled militaria, but they have not seen one like it before. Best guess, is that it could be an early camp police or patrol patch. The large size with bright colors would make it easly seen and establish the wearers authority. Kind of like the large MP arm bands. The laurel wreaths could mean some kind of command function??? Then again, I'm most likely just spinning my wheels!!! If anyone has ideas, it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time. SY

post-27353-1299041039.jpg

Honestly, I am wondering if this is even a military item.

My first impression when I saw it was that it was for an athletic team.

I am sure it is a vintage item, but patches were made for other organizations at the same time.

Or, it could be a W.....

-Ski

HI Ski: You are correct, it is a "W". I have been looking at this patch from every angle for 2 weeks and did not catch it. That little zig-zag at the bottom of the curve now makes sense. Thank you very much for your help. Take care. SY

Honestly, I am wondering if this is even a military item.

My first impression when I saw it was that it was for an athletic team.

I am sure it is a vintage item, but patches were made for other organizations at the same time.

HI GILL: Your first impression looks to be the correct one. Ski's sugestion that it was a W and not a C ,helped me make more sense of the symbolism. I made a couple of real rookie mistakes that sent me in the wrong direction. Thank you for your help in thi matter. Take care. SY