?? about MX-991/U flash light

Rob P.

Picked up this flash light a couple months ago and am just curious as to when it was made. My guess is Vietnam War era or newer, still....I've been surprised before. Any info would be appreciated.

Semper Fi, Rob

light002.jpg

light001.jpg

light003.jpg

Hard to tell... it looks identical to the two that I still have in my hallway closet that date back to 1980.

By the way, the should be a lower compartment in the butt end of it... be sure to open it up and see if you have the red, blue, or opaque lenses. If so, these can be traded with the clear lense you have in it now.

craig_pickrall

The give away as to a date is the "wings" that guard the switch. There was a thread not to long ago that gave the exact date that Price started making these with the switch guard. It was well after Vietnam but I don't recall the exact date.

Thanks Gents! The link provided some great info on what to look for. gwp123, sorry I forgot to mention or photo the 2 red lenses and 1 opaque lens in the bottom compartment. It also came with the diffuser lens that is shown installed and a spare bulb. My two Fulton lights are a different shade of green and did not have the diffuser lens, so I thought maybe this one would be older. Other than color and maker, all three that I have are identical in construction. I'll be keeping my eye open for older models now!

Semper Fi, Rob