Revolutionary War soldier help needed

Bluehawk

Joseph Elias Barron (1723-1793), my 8th great grandfather, has a record which states that he was a veteran of our Revolutionary War. I am interested in authenticating that. How does one go about such a thing?

Here is all I know about his origins:

o Joseph Elias Barron

Birth

o 2 Sept 1733 in Mt Hope, Talbot, Maryland, United States

Marriage

o 1748 in Mount Hope, Talbot, Maryland, United States

to Ann Walker

Death

o 2 August 1793 in West Sinking Creek, Washington, Tennessee, United States

Relatives

o

John Barron Father

o

Sarah Stacy Mother

Joseph Elias Barron (1723-1793), my 8th great grandfather, has a record which states that he was a veteran of our Revolutionary War. I am interested in authenticating that. How does one go about such a thing?

Here is all I know about his origins:

o Joseph Elias Barron

Birth

o 2 Sept 1733 in Mt Hope, Talbot, Maryland, United States

Marriage

o 1748 in Mount Hope, Talbot, Maryland, United States

to Ann Walker

Death

o 2 August 1793 in West Sinking Creek, Washington, Tennessee, United States

Relatives

o

John Barron Father

o

Sarah Stacy Mother

Bluehawk,

If I recall correctly, the Rev War pensions application files are on microfilm. If you have access to these, I would start there. Also I would contact the DAR and see if anyone has appllied for membership with him being the rev war ancestor. Also, have you tried ancestry.com to see what pops up?

teufelhunde.ret
Bluehawk,

If I recall correctly, the Rev War pensions application files are on microfilm. If you have access to these, I would start there. Also I would contact the DAR and see if anyone has appllied for membership with him being the rev war ancestor. Also, have you tried ancestry.com to see what pops up?

;)

1.jpg

Have you looked at ancestry.com?

That's how I found out about him.

I've been working my whole family lineage on there for a little more than two months, every day.

Bluehawk,

Thank you.

I haven't tried using their military records yet (duh :pinch: )

But, I will now.

There has been so much information to process just to get the basic records (now more than 13,000 for our family) entered - so, am just starting to delve into details.

military hits...

Huge help, thank you!

I'll keep looking along that vein now.

This has been an enormous undertaking, some branches going as far back as 2nd century BCE - so, am still learning how to use Ancestry.com

This is a copy of the document Ancestry.com showed under the title of "Tennessee soldiers in the Revolution", using the name "Joseph Barron" which was also his son's name - on which basis I started trying to tie down his service, if any.

Question: Is it common for such a record (a Will, in this case) to be used as a link to a Rev War soldier?

post-3976-1299004094.jpg