"BACK LOAD" 433rd T.C. Group

rrobertscv

Found this book at an estate sale Sat. By what I can find on the internet, it seems pretty valuable. It is loaded with photo, names and the color photos I have included here. Anyone know anything about this book. It is 260 pages, binding and all pages are tight.

bk1-1.jpg

bk2-1.jpg

bk5.jpg

bk4.jpg

bk6.jpg

bk3-1.jpg

bk7.jpg

Here is a better description of the book that I found on the internet.

This is an ORIGINAL, AUSTRALIAN PUBLISHED, 1945 DATED, WORLD WAR II UNIT HISTORY of the 433rd TROOP CARRIER GROUP from 1943-1945 titled BACK LOAD. The 433rd was a C-47 equipped TROOP CARRIER GROUP of the 5th AIR FORCE, based in the Pacific. The 433rd was made up of the 65th 66th 67th 68th 69th and 70th TROOP CARRIER SQUADRONS. This book is FULL OF IDENTIFIED GROUP PHOTOS of the various sections of each squadron. The soldiers are listed by rank, full first name, middle initial and last name in captions by each photo . T are SEVERAL PHOTOS OF 433rd C-47 NOSE ART, natives from the areas the group was based in, unit commanders,entertainment, R&R in Sydney, COLOR SQUARDON INSIGNIAS, a photo of GENERAL HAP ARNOLD, a photo of GENERAL DOUGLAS MacARTHUR, and SQUADRON BY SQUADRON PERSONNEL ROSTERS that list each Officer anf enlisted man by last name, first name, middle initial and home address. The 433rd DROPPED PARATROOPERS behind enemy lines, transported supplies to the front, and ferried soldiers to and from the front in the vast expanses of the Pacific Islands and Australia. This this book was set up, printed and bound in AUSTRALIA by Halstead Press Pty Ltd, 9-19 Nickson Street, Sydney 1945.

Johnny Signor

Well one thing interesting about the book is that the "Unofficial" Group emblem is shown on the cover along with the WW-2 era Squadron assigned to the Group, I had gotten color copies of these from a historian some years ago who told me of this , he had the same book .

I had never seen the Back Load" emblem before , the Squadron's designs yes , but the other was a very nice addition to my collection of images !

Johnny