First Pattern RIA M1910 I just picked up

m1a2u2

I got this at the show of shows this weekend. It is a first pattern M1910. It is the only one I have seen that is kakhi. Is this normal for RIA first patterns? The Meat tin pouch looks to be a more greenish color but there are no markings on it so it may be a mix and match. Is there any info on which branch used Mills versus RIA? I've been looking through the forum and haven't seen any first patterns that are this tan.

Thoughts???

img1488s.th.jpg

No Flash

img1490r.th.jpg

With Flash

img1491iy.th.jpg

The picture is not very clear but in person you can make out Rock Island Arsenal and the date is either 1911 or 1914

img1515.th.jpg

Back of lace on pouch

img1516aq.th.jpg

With Flash

img1517jc.th.jpg

No Flash

img1518z.th.jpg

No Flash

img1519y.th.jpg

With Flash

img1520l.th.jpg

Marchville1918

I have an early RIA eagle snap canteen cover (which has the metal tube around the 1910 hook) and it is khaki like your pack. I expect they used the material they had on hand and at least at first that material may have been more khaki like the pre 1910 equipment was. Just a guess.

The M1910 gear was originally made in khaki until about 1913. I have one of the early pack tails in khaki. I also have a 1912 dated canteen cover in khaki and a 1913 in green.

Tim

The M1910 gear was originally made in khaki until about 1913. I have one of the early pack tails in khaki. I also have a 1912 dated canteen cover in khaki and a 1913 in green.

Tim

Thanks Tim,

Do you have a source for this by any chance?

Now I just need the other first pattern items