A Great Display Case for 60.00 at IKEA

I purchased this case at IKEA for 60.00. It looks nice and the tall shelves can accommodate a lot of different items. I took a few pics for everyone to see. Sorry for the flash. I'm still fiddling with what to put in but you get the idea :rolleyes:

displaycase1.jpg

displaycase3.jpg

displaycase2.jpg

displaycase4.jpg

displaycase5.jpg

Contact me at: benlevinsohn@gmail.com

I collect a little bit of everything, Civil War - WWII. Very interested in valor groups, especially those that include KIA Purple Hearts. Also interested in unique homefront items.

In honor of my great-uncle, Lt. Arnold M. Bree, killed in a B-24 accident in the skies over Italy, January 30, 1945:

http://www.findagrav...r&GRid=64978949

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I agree. I have some myself. Heavy to move around and a two-man job to assemble, but perfect for displaying our kind of stuff!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I agree. I have some myself. Heavy to move around and a two-man job to assemble, but perfect for displaying our kind of stuff!

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Anyone have a product name or catalog # for this case? I can't seem to find it on Ikea's website.

GREAT!!!! :w00t:

I was looking for such a case for some months now and I only came across examples of several hounded €. These are only € 39.95 over here!!

I have found something to give my life purpose this afternoon. :thumbsup:

I think I have to revoke my vow never to return to IKEA ever again....

- Sjef -

By God, I think the Devil s#!+$ Dutchmen. [sir W. Batten, 1667]

Actively seeking: WWII USAAF, ETO and PTO bomber crew related items.

My collection

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

If you have the space, 3 or 4 side by side look very impressive. There's an integral spotlight which can be purchased as an add-on but I find it doesn't really illuminate effectively below the top shelf.

Sabrejet

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

What is the IKEA's name of the shelf please ? I will have ot pick 1 or 2 in my IKEA :)

Open the link below. £40...48 Euros...$65 approximately.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10119206

Sabrejet

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Those are very resonable prices because if you buy those guys anywhere else

you are looking straight away at a couple of hundered. Very Cheep for that price.

http://www.Paratrooper1944.Com/

https://www.facebook.com/paratrooper1944

IN MEMORY OF IRISH/AMERICANS FROM MY COUNTY.
Cpl: Patrick Gallagher, 3rd U.S.M.C Div K.I.A 30/03/1967 Navy Cross
Sgt: Patrick Nevin, B.Co. 1st Bn, 12th Cav, 1st CAVALRY Div K.I.A 23/02/1966

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Got one!!

post-9199-1298831638.jpg

The photo is not to good, but the case looks very nice in reality. I am considering to buy another one for the near future when we move to a bigger house.

Unfortunately my wife uses my little museum as a storage for all items that she does not want laying around in the rest of our house.

Thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup:

- Sjef -

By God, I think the Devil s#!+$ Dutchmen. [sir W. Batten, 1667]

Actively seeking: WWII USAAF, ETO and PTO bomber crew related items.

My collection

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

...There's an integral spotlight which can be purchased as an add-on but I find it doesn't really illuminate effectively below the top shelf.

I find that for lighted, glass-shelf type display cabinets; "less" can really be "more." The trick is to allow the light to flow through the glass down to the shelves below: Put lots of eye catching stuff in the bottom (especially shiny things that reflect the light), and less on the shelves above so that light can filter down through. Try to strategically arrange items so that the middle of the uppermost shelf is clear (to allow the most light through). The light travels down in a cone shape, so arrange items to keep the best items in the light. Large flat items that will tend to block the light from getting to the lower shelves should be kept near the edges. Another trick is to put many smaller items near the bottom, and fewer larger ones toward the top (again to take advantage of the light and allow it to filter down through) or, you can reverse it and put smaller items above and larger below (just leaving enough space between for the light to pass through).

Chris

767409605_sigcustom3.png.e95257302e2a500ba241cd8cdc44ff0c.png

I have a couple of those myself, as does my wife who displays her Swarovski crystals in them. They display nice and are very affordable. IKEA furniture can be a hit or miss, but those are alright in my book.

Always looking for WWII 10th Mountain Division uniforms and groupings

Those look really good guys. Maybe get a plate holder - you know the ones that set on a shelf and get a nice piece of cardboard and cover it in cloth/felt of some sort and pin your ribbon bars and wings to them ? Just a thought. Still real nice :thumbsup:

donation2011.gif

Also picked up this case about a month ago. Price was higher here in Chicagoland- $99 if I remember correctly. Put it together about 2 weeks ago and it's a great size for helmets. The LED light in the top is handy as well.

Always interested in buying Vietnam-era Air Force, Army helicopter units, and Illinois veteran items.

Looking for items identified to Captain Charles M. Porter, Company C, 131st Infantry, 33rd Division AEF.

donation2013.gif

This is the one I've had for a while, it is the "Klingsbo", a taller, larger version of the Detlof. What is nice is that it has 5 shelfs and is tall enough that you dont have to lean over to look at the top shelf. It's a bit more expensive ($129), but well worth it.

I love this cabinet, but I am slightly biased...being a native Swede and all, which more or less makes putting together IKEA furniture part of my molecular structure :)

Here is a link.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60128562

"If circumstances hold you back, always seek other ways to achieve your goals"

donation2011.gif

Couple of my buddies have these as well and love them. Hopefull IKEA keeps them in stock for a while and carries them over to the next "model year" as well, seeing how popular and useful they are. Has anyone encountered any problems with them yet after having them up for a period of time?

Couple of my buddies have these as well and love them. Hopefull IKEA keeps them in stock for a while and carries them over to the next "model year" as well, seeing how popular and useful they are. Has anyone encountered any problems with them yet after having them up for a period of time?

I've had some of these for 5 years now, no problems whatsoever. Also, seeing how long I have had a couple of these, they have definitely been in there catalog for awhile now. Might be safe to say they will be in next years catalog as well.

Thank you. My biggest fear would be either A: Overloading it (someone mentioned helmets), or B: the door/shelves coming loose. Thanks for your review on them.

I put really heavy things on the base/bottom shelf. As for helmets, the cabinets dimensions really only allow 1 helmet per shelf anyways.

Those are certainly nice cases - and will keep the dust bunnies away as well!

There's a term I haven't heard in a long time!

AND a true statement...

Steve

I remember:

Chris Ingrassia (9/11) CPT Tristan Aitken (OIF, 2003)

MAJ Paul Syverson (OIF, 2004) CPT Tom Miller (OIF, 2005)

SSG Scottie Bright (OIF, 2005) CPT Chris Petty (OIF, 2006)

MAJ Hurley Shields (OIF, 2008)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2020.gif