WWII K Ration Crate and Carton buy from SOS

rambob

pineviewsurplus

A couple other views. These cases have three layers, the outer heavy cardboard shell, then the tar paper wrapped interior around a corrugated frame. I would say each case has about 40 sq ft of paper.

post-149638-0-48752600-1419372035.jpg

post-149638-0-29409200-1419372044.jpg

pineviewsurplus, that sure seems to be the type of paper used in the Kration crate. The tricky part would be to get a piece of wrapping that doesn't have the existing ink stampings on it. The Kration wrapping has no markings on either side. I guess you could put the marking side of the wrapping on the inside where they wouldn't be seen. Thanks for thinking of my project though and congrats on you finding such nice militaria still in their sealed cartons/crates.

Bob

pineviewsurplus

Bob,

The paper is the same either side with only one side having the stenciling. My thought was the same as yours, just reverse it. I am sorry I didn't get this posted earlier but I have to say your recreation came out amazingly well. Our favorite part of this business is when we can provide an item to a reenactor or a museum so it can be displayed in its natural environment and used to educate others, especially young people. It's one thing to read about the life of a GI in a book with maybe a photo or two, but when someone can show you first hand what these men and women lived with and went through, the impact is so much more profound.

At any rate I'll keep the paper around in case anyone else might have a similar project.

Rob