group of unknown pins WWI to WWII

chcole1

Hello,

I'm a WWII/KW US patch collector and I recently purchased a collection of patches that included a bunch of pins. Can anyone help me ID them? A local collector told me the 78th Welcome home pin is WWI era but want to confirm that. If anyone can give me a rough idea of value that would be great too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

post-17690-1298595512.jpg

post-17690-1298595520.jpg

Thanks. The only other one I can find was on an old Ebay listing on Worthpoint.com. The description sounds just like it but unfortunately no picture.

Chris

Nice group of pins, I love the Victory pins very nice and the Uncle Sam is pretty fantastic.

Jon

The two pinbacks with backpaper appear to be WWI or immediate post WWI but several others have told you that. There isnt much of a market for those plus the first one has a fair degree of foxing. The best pin is the Uncle Sam pin which is from the Spanish American War. They came in several sizes and varities and they are popular pins. The V pins are WWII which you also know and a nice bonus addition to the one with a Son in Service which makes it more valuiable than the plain V. The value of these varies and I hate to comment because everyone has an opinion and someone will disagree. The Uncle Sam pin I have seen sell in the price range of $25 to $75 depending on size and condition. There is one for sale now on the internet for $78. The V pins have a huge price range. Nick Snyders book on Sweetheart Jewelry has good price values and if I get a chance Ill see if they are included as well as the P-38 pin.

Thanks for all the info. That helps a lot. Spanish American War. Wow. I didn't think it was that old. Lots of different stuff in this collection I bought. Any more info on the P38 would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...