"Big Red One" infantryman WW2

Sabrejet

You're learning fast Will... well done! It's only a matter of time before you'll leave stuff in the car until it's safe to smuggle it in...if you haven't done so already?!

Ian ;)

Hahaha I thought I was the only one... sometime my other half checks out my room and tells me "hey I have never seen this item before???" :rolleyes:

I swear honey I already had this item :whistling:

post-551-1298649576.jpgpost-551-1298649598.jpg

Just found this post and enjoying it. Heres my son wearing our D-Day 1st ID. Since this picture was taken I've added the Assault Gas mask and Bag. Robert

Hahaha I thought I was the only one... sometime my other half checks out my room and tells me "hey I have never seen this item before???" :rolleyes:

I swear honey I already had this item :whistling:

Well, the way I see it, womenfolk do it all the time. You know the scenario..."Of course this dress /purse/shoes aren't new. I bought them months ago!"...or variations on that theme. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

Ian ;)

post-551-1298649576.jpgpost-551-1298649598.jpg

Just found this post and enjoying it. Heres my son wearing our D-Day 1st ID. Since this picture was taken I've added the Assault Gas mask and Bag. Robert

Very nice Robert...thanks for adding those pics. Now all we both need is an assault vest!

Ian :thumbsup:

Hey Robert,

Please post some close ups of the leggins!!???

I'll have to see if I can find them. They are trans colored and probably not right for D-Day. I think D-Day would be all Khaki, robert

Here are a few additions to the basic display. The first is to keep B229 happy!

post-8022-1298636207.jpg

Wow, I feel honored! Thanks for thinking of me, and nice Carlisle dressing you've got there.

I'll have to see if I can find them. They are trans colored and probably not right for D-Day. I think D-Day would be all Khaki, robert

Olive Drab shade 7 canvas goods entered production in 1943, so there was plenty of it around by 1944. I see your leggings are actually produced in 1942, so they are likely either OD shade 5, or just a darker variation of OD 3.

I had never seen a pair of 'transitional' leggins until now....

Damn, I need to get me a pair now B)

Thanks for posting!!! Great leggins

Hey Johan...we know you've got an assault vest tucked away somewhere. Why not dust it off and post it here?!

Ian :thumbsup:

Johan Willaert
Hey Johan...we know you've got an assault vest tucked away somewhere. Why not dust it off and post it here?!

I have some pictures in my collection topic, but really need to take some better shots... Will try to do so over the weekend...

Meanwhile here it is: tan JA SHOE in size small...

post-92-1298656651.jpg

post-92-1298656659.jpg

Johan Willaert
I had never seen a pair of 'transitional' leggins until now....

Damn, I need to get me a pair now B)

Look what I found at a local show today :w00t:

How spooky is that??!!??

post-92-1298837683.jpg