"Big Red One" infantryman WW2

Sabrejet

General Apathy
I've noticed! Are you familiar with the German word schadenfreude....?!

Sabrejet ;)

Hi Ian, I have used General Apathy for some time now, maybe Korporal Schadenfreude might be a good choice. :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed your evening at the movies tonight, I hear that ' The King's Speech ' is very good. :think:

ken

Johan Willaert
Hi Ian, I have used General Apathy for some time now, maybe Korporal Schadenfreude might be a good choice.

Naaaah.... Sgt Schultz would be better.... :lol:

Hey Ian,

As always Great stuff excellent display you have got there of the Big Red One

wouldn't mind that one in my collection.. Thanks for sharing it well done :thumbsup:

Tomás :thumbsup: .

Hi Ian, I have used General Apathy for some time now, maybe Korporal Schadenfreude might be a good choice. :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoyed your evening at the movies tonight, I hear that ' The King's Speech ' is very good. :think:

ken

Hi Herr Korporal...y-y-yes, it's abosolutely t-t-terrific! Should win a hatful of Oscars!

Ian ;)

Chunky Monkey

Very nice Sabre ~ I wish I had extra space to put a display like that.

Tell me about that bayonet and is the M1 real? We american gun owners always hear horror stories of how your gov't took all you gun, etc., etc. If its real good for you and have you ever got to shoot it?

Thanks for sharing with us! B)

Very nice Sabre ~ I wish I had extra space to put a display like that.

Tell me about that bayonet and is the M1 real? We american gun owners always hear horror stories of how your gov't took all you gun, etc., etc. If its real good for you and have you ever got to shoot it?

Thanks for sharing with us! B)

Hi there Chunky. Yes...the M1 is a 100% WW2 made Winchester. However, because of Britain's strict firearms laws it's de-activated. In other words it's been rendered incapable of shooting. However, it can be cocked, dry-fired and stripped etc. Last time I visited the US I got to shoot an M1 so do I know what it feels like!

Ian :thumbsup:

Great set up Ian, you certainly have an eye for detail!

The Garand is a beauty :thumbsup: Old or new spec de-act?

Will

Hello Will...thanks. Fortunately, I bought all of my WW2 US firearms between '85 > '95 (M1 rifle..M1 carbine...M1A1 Thompson..M3 grease gun..Colt .45) so all of them are old spec.

Corpsmancollector
Hello Will...thanks. Fortunately, I bought all of my WW2 US firearms between '85 > '95 (M1 rifle..M1 carbine...M1A1 Thompson..M3 grease gun..Colt .45) so all of them are old spec.

Oh, you lucky dog you!

I'm afraid all mine are new-spec, with the exception of my 03A3 which of course has 'fully moving parts' (that makes it sound like a kids commercial doesn't it? :lol:)

Will

Oh, you lucky dog you!

I'm afraid all mine are new-spec, with the exception of my 03A3 which of course has 'fully moving parts' (that makes it sound like a kids commercial doesn't it? :lol:)

Will

Hi Will. It means that all my weapons have appreciated in value considerably because "old-specs" are at a premium. No-one really wants the current welded-up stuff, do they?!

Corpsmancollector
Hi Will. It means that all my weapons have appreciated in value considerably because "old-specs" are at a premium. No-one really wants the current welded-up stuff, do they?!

I hear that Ian. Unfortunately I cannot justify the astronomical price of old spec de-acts nowadays, so I have to be satisfied with my new-spec Garand, 28A1 Thompson and M1 Carbine. Although, I was thinking of adding one of the 'Denix' Garands to the collection, even though they're replicas you can't go wrong with fully moving parts etc. for under £200!

Will

I hear that Ian. Unfortunately I cannot justify the astronomical price of old spec de-acts nowadays, so I have to be satisfied with my new-spec Garand, 28A1 Thompson and M1 Carbine. Although, I was thinking of adding one of the 'Denix' Garands to the collection, even though they're replicas you can't go wrong with fully moving parts etc. for under £200!

Will

I'm kind of out of touch with current market values Will. I do recall being "horrified" (but secretly pleased!) at the prices I saw on old spec firearms at Beltring last summer :w00t: Collectively, the weapons probably represent the most valuable £££ asset in my collection! Also, as a "completist" I've also got the FMs, cleaning kits and other accessories for each one. Overall, a good investment!

Ian

Corpsmancollector
Will

I'm kind of out of touch with current market values Will. I do recall being "horrified" (but secretly pleased!) at the prices I saw on old spec firearms at Beltring last summer :w00t: Collectively, the weapons probably represent the most valuable £££ asset in my collection! Also, as a "completist" I've also got the FMs, cleaning kits and other accessories for each one. Overall, a good investment!

Ian

That's what I tell the other half every time I come home with a new war toy!

Will

That's what I tell the other half every time I come home with a new war toy!

Will

You're learning fast Will... well done! It's only a matter of time before you'll leave stuff in the car until it's safe to smuggle it in...if you haven't done so already?!

Ian ;)

Johan Willaert
You're learning fast Will... well done! It's only a matter of time before you'll leave stuff in the car until it's safe to smuggle it in...if you haven't done so already?!

Guilty as charged.... :w00t: