"Big Red One" infantryman WW2

Sabrejet

This is a hypothetical display illustrating how a typical US infantryman would have been equipped in mid - WW2....it doesn't represent any particular campaign. All of the items are WW2 dated originals and, in the case of the web equipment, pretty much mint.

post-8022-1298565872.jpg post-8022-1298565888.jpg

Nice Ian, I'm a sucker for those pointed flap FA Pouches....

Yes, it's a nice pouch, but the contents are inappropriate. The sodium bicorbonate solution has an FSN on it and is post WWII, and the dressing appears to be the large type typically carried in a medical kit, not the individual dressing normally carried in the first aid pouch.

Good point Johan! I do have the leggings, trousers and shoes etc., and debated laying them out flat, but decided against it....though maybe I'll add them as a "PS" later?!

Ian :think:

Yes, it's a nice pouch, but the contents are inappropriate. The sodium bicorbonate solution has an FSN on it and is post WWII, and the dressing appears to be the large type typically carried in a medical kit, not the individual dressing normally carried in the first aid pouch.

There's always a party-pooper!! ;) Suffice it say I have a selection of Carlisle dressings and assorted Fist Aid items etc. What you see there are pouch fillers.

Sabrejet

Very nice Saberjet! One question please ,would that be a Early Haversack pack without he extension for the tent? Jay

Hello Jay...thank you. No..it's '43 dated I think. The packtail is tucked up inside.

Ian

General Apathy
Get Mss Sabrejet to buy you a fullsize mannequin... :lol:

It will look even better with trousers, leggins and shoes

Hi Johan, Mrs Sabrejet has already spun out a pot of money for Ian's upcoming birthday, so I think a mannequin would be on the back burner for a while.

ken